facebook

"vibes" of the sororities?

by: prefrosh

Can someone comment on the general vibes/personalities of the sororities? What are their mixers like, and which one of them is the most demanding (time, money-wise)?

Posted By: prefrosh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: meh   

My freshman year I asked around about this before going through recruitment. I thought that I would fit into a certain one the best, and felt intimidated by or just not interested in others, but when I went actually went through recruitment my preconceptions totally changed and I couldn't be happier with where I ended up (which happens to be the one I thought I would like the least!).

By: meh
#2  by: hmmm   

theta - classy, wealthy city girls
alpha chi - drink a lot, smart
sdt - mixer queens, fun, loud
dg - cool party girls

By: hmmm
#3  by: 2 cents   

the top 4 chapters are pretty accurately described above by "hmmm." I wouldn't worry too much, you end up finding your place!

I would say if money or time commitment is a huge problem for you, avoid aoii. They have the highest dues by a huge margin. they also are just starting on campus (next year will be their 2nd formal recruitment ever) so they tend to require a lot more time than the others from the average member. I have a lot of friends who dropped because they couldn't handle the time+money commitment.

By: 2 cents
by: CorrectionMay 7, 2014 7:44:05 PM

AOII's dues are not higher than other chapters, they are in the middle. Panhellenic should allow chapters to disclose their dues to dispel these kinds of myths.

By: Correction
by: actuallyMay 8, 2014 8:26:36 PM

panhell does. read the spec article - other sororities are like 500-800 and aoii is literally in the thousands

By: actually
by: noMay 9, 2014 3:25:50 PM

it's not "literally in the thousands," at least not anymore. as a new member of AOII this semester I had less than 500 in dues, all-inclusive except apparel. stop spreading lies.

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.