facebook

rush school drop out

by: dropping out

I'm probably dropping out of Rush.I have spent a lot of time on this website, trying to learn about sororities. I also looked at their websites. I am one of the people who wrote one nice post about AOPI (even though I don't know them or an sorority women). I wrote the post because I don't have family affiliation with Greeks and I wasn't in the super hipster hottie crowd in high school and AOPi looked like a place I would be comfortable and get some possible connections. After seeing people use words like "warfare" because of a some anonymous posts, really scared me. I don't want to join a group and get bullied or have drama. My parents aren't rich, so I actually need to spend time studying and doing well. Don't have time for this childish drama. Good Bye Greek System. I was crazy to even think of joining.

Posted By: dropping out
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sad   

This makes me really sad :(
There really are only a few people who post here, out of around 700-800 women in sororities, and I really hope this stupid stuff doesn't push people away. I KNOW that if you stick with it you'd have a great experience in whichever one you connect with most during recruitment! Pleaaaseee change your mind!

By: Sad
#2  by: Dear pnm   

I am sad to hear that a few hateful posts have made you change your mind! Despite not being rich and being a self-proclaimed nerd, I am in one of the 4 more established sororities. (And ps: they're all really great and have something to offer everyone) I promise, there is a place for you if you stick with it! Joining a sorority was incredible for my college experience- I found real friends and a home away from home. No matter where you end up, you'll find the best group for you. Give us a chance. I don't know who is behind the anonymous hate but I think once you meet the sororities in person you'll get a much better idea about which chapter you want to join/if greek life is right for you! :)

By: Dear pnm
#3  by: Oh well   

Good bye and good riddance

By: Oh well
by: really?Jan 11, 2014 10:12:09 PM

you obviously are a troll not from the Columbia Greek System, because nobody here speaks that way.

By: really?
by: affiliated sisJan 11, 2014 11:05:08 PM

Nope I am an initiated sister and an officer for my sorority and I feel the exact same way. Can't stand complainers. Besides there are already too many girls signed up for rush.

By: affiliated sis
#4  by: lol   

"hipster hottie crowd"
Seriously? Who talks like that?

If you're going to put on a fake persona and pretend to be a PNM at least try to be convincing...it's noble to try and emotionally manipulate people into ending their vicious comments, but do try to be less transparent next time.

By: lol
by: hipsterJan 11, 2014 10:10:37 PM

hipster hottie crowd might be a dorkie way of speaking but it doesn't mean it wasn't a PNM. People right out of HS are sometimes weird. Columbia has women from all over the world.I actually think it might have been a PNM. Some people really are scare to go through recruitment because they weren't in the cool group in High School. I felt that way before going through. It was scary. This person is probably scared. Who knows? But the nastiness needs to stop.

By: hipster
by: still lollingJan 11, 2014 11:04:10 PM

To "hipster"

Why do I feel like you wrote the original post?

By: still lolling

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.