facebook

the chapters have too many members

by: too big

I really feel that the chapters have way too many members. A "sisterhood" of 150 - 200 is very difficult to buy into. I understand that all the national headquarters get more money, but I don't think it works for us. I know Gamma Phi Beta is coming soon, but I still think each chapter will have to many people. I really would feel comfortable with about 80 members. Any thoughts?

Posted By: too big
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: me too    

agreed.

By: me too
#2  by: ya   

They do have a ton of members, but how many girls go through recruitment dictates how many girls each sorority takes... Panhell tells the sororities how many girls they must offer bids to, so they don't really have a choice in their size. That's why they decided to bring new sororities to campus, to try to ensure that sororities don't individually get any bigger than they are.

That being said, they probably won't get THAT much smaller. But having a big organization has its positives as well. I'm in one of the sororities and although I may not be best friends with every one of my sisters, I know all of them by name and face and would feel comfortable turning to pretty much any of them for help. Even if I don't know them super well, we've shared so many of the same traditions and experiences, so it isn't weird. Plus it opens you up to so many other things on campus; for almost anything I want to get involved in, there's someone in the sorority I can talk to about it. It isn't for everyone, but I've found it to be a great way to expand my social circle and get more involved around campus.

By: ya
#3  by: yeah   

agreed

By: yeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.