facebook

i really want axo or aopi

by: so excited

Okay, I know people are going to shout me down on this post, hence my doing this anonymously. But after reading on here, and looking at websites, and doing a little on campus research, I really want AOPi or AXO. I know I should keep an open mind, and I know the other sororities are great too, but I just know my own strengths and weaknesses and I want to be in a house where my values will be well matched. I'm kind of at a place where it is either those two sororities or nothing. Is there anything anybody can tell me that will give me a little bit of a leg up? I just want some sort of clue. I don't have much guidance outside of this website. Thanks for any help.

Posted By: so excited
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: what   

this site is the worst possible place to go to for guidance. its mostly non-greek people trolling about sororities.

By: what
by: don't forgetJan 4, 2014 12:52:56 PM

Not everyone has guidance. Not al PNMs went to Choate and are a legacy to five houses. Some women are first generations college students and really don't know anything about our system. They probably feel frustrated with the standard answer of "be yourself." When other women have a lot of guidance from their families and high school friends, and they have no clue, it must be scary. We need to be sure they are comfortable too. Lots of women come into this with preconceived ideas and expectations. That is normal. We need to find an effective way to guide them to an open mind.

By: don't forget
by: ProudchoatieJan 5, 2014 10:31:34 PM

Hey just because some of us went to Choate does not mean anything! I had no guidance regarding Greek life despite my going to Choate.

By: Proudchoatie
#2  by: Look   

The best thing you can really do is show up ready to meet lots of wonderful women and be yourself! Tell the women WHY you are interested in joining greek life and what you're current/previous interests are. Best of luck :)) you will end up wherever is the best match for you! Don't forget, rush is a mutual selection process.

By: Look
#3  by: GDI   

those are the two worst

By: GDI
by: grow up.Jan 4, 2014 4:09:10 PM

The "two worst?" Really? Are you in 7th grade? If someone feels it is a good fit, then why do you care about an immature ranking system that nobody at Columbia even buys into. Grow up. Those are really good sororities as are all the sororities at this school.

By: grow up.
by: lol nopeJan 4, 2014 4:17:26 PM

pretty sure DG is on the bottom now actually

By: lol nope
#4  by: good for you   

having realistic expectations is the best way to keep yourself from being disappointed

By: good for you
by: what?Jan 5, 2014 2:51:30 AM

I honestly don't get it.

By: what?
#5  by: !   

Leave room for surprises.

By: !
#6  by: pooler   

If you want to join AXO you need to be in the 200 + pound club so I would recommend filling up on cookies this winter break the maximize your chances

By: pooler

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.