facebook

should i bother?

by: Junior Transfer

I'm a junior transfer. Should I bother to register for Rush? I need to decide quick. Any information would be helpful.

p.s.- I want to join for leadership and sisterhood, not parties.

Posted By: Junior Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly   

You don't lose anything by doing rush, but as a junior you wouldn't be able to take on any major leadership roles since most of them are from january - december positions. Also it's a little bit more difficult to integrate yourself into the sisterhood as a junior, but defnitely not unheard of. I say go for it!

By: Honestly
#2  by: hoping   

We are hoping more Panhellenics will try to engage Junior transfers. I read that we could increase Greek membership by about 40 % if we reached out to junior and transfers. Hopefully nationals will start opening up to juniors and transfers.

By: hoping
by: okayDec 30, 2013 10:07:46 PM

so which ones are going to embrace us? I'm nervous about rush but really want to do it, but don't want to be a joke having everyone drop me the first day because Im 20 and not 18.

By: okay
#3  by: juniors are great!   

you can still take on plenty of leadership roles in the sorority as a junior - you just probably won't be able to serve on the executive board. I think the best thing you should do is register for recruitment and see what happens. When you talk to sisters you'll get a better sense of the leadership opportunities available for juniors in each chapter. You'll also get a better sense if greek life is for you/you find a home in any of the chapters! Don't be nervous, my sorority took a couple juniors last spring and we love them :) You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. GO GREEK!

By: juniors are great!
#4  by: you never know   

more and more Greek organizations are taking "non traditionals." I say, "Go For It."

By: you never know

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.