facebook

diversity in sororities

by: jw

Which sorority has the most diverse girls? I would call myself a "white" girl but don't want to join a sorority with not a lot of color.

Posted By: jw
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: diversity   

i wouldnt really worry about joining a sorority with "diversity," especially since this is columbia and columbia is an incredibly diverse place in general. every sorority has girls from all races and backgrounds-- there honestly isnt one lacking in "color."

most sororities have trends of where girls are from, though. (dg = cities, theta = suburbs+private school, sdt = suburbs+public school, not sure about axo/ aopii since i dont many girls in those houses).

By: diversity
#2  by: anon   

in order of my personal ranking:

theta = new england

sdt = tri-state

axo = east coast and cali girls

dg = metropolitan girls (NYC, DC, LA, Philadelphia)

aoii = midwest/south, seems to proportionally have more people of color if that's what you're looking for

By: anon
#3  by: best fit.   

honestly, i would go AOPI or Alpha Chi Omega. They tend to be the most liberal. All sororities do have some diversity, but those two have the most, and are the lefties.

By: best fit.
#4  by: Rock it    

Probably best to go with set, aopi or a chi o. They tend to be more inclusive and chill.
I myself would avoid the other two - I wouldn't say that those two are about diversity.
Go where you feel comfortable. You should be able to find something.

By: Rock it
by: rock it Dec 28, 2013 6:13:38 AM

meant to say "SDT" not "set"

By: rock it
#5  by: avoid   

I would avoid DG. Of course that is my opinion, but to me they seem really conservative and old school.

By: avoid
by: disagreeDec 30, 2013 11:19:20 PM

I know a lot of DGs, and I definitely have to disagree with you there. They seem pretty liberal, and definitely not "old school" to me.

By: disagree
by: DG is okayJan 1, 2014 3:01:05 AM

I think you confused DG with another house. They are fairly diverse and chill. Maybe not the most, but the aren't the least either.

By: DG is okay
#6  by: SDT or AOPi   

if you really want diversity and inclusiveness you are probably best of with Sigma Delta Pi and Alpha Omicron Pi. The others do have color but they are more whitewashed (sorry, but true).

By: SDT or AOPi
#7  by: sdt or aopi   

sdt or aopi

By: sdt or aopi
#8  by: w   

sdt and aoii are probably the most inclusive all around...the others are a bit more exclusionary

By: w
#9  by: SDT or AOPI   

Hands down go AOPi for authentic diversity. I will say that SDT tries to be diverse. They do better then the other sororities (they others don't even try), but they aren't as diverse as AOPi.

By: SDT or AOPI
#10  by: websites   

Judging by the AOPi website, there is a lot of color in that house. They have cream in the coffee not coffee in their cream.

By: websites

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.