facebook

informal as a junior?

by: informal

How does this work? I dropped from rush as a first year because I was super overwhelmed but still want to be involved in Greek life if possible. Do I still have a chance?

Posted By: informal
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: panhell   

Only 2 chapters do informal: Gphi and AXO. They both take place during the fall and spring - spring is after formal recruitment. Just from experience, juniors face a little more scrutiny just because junior year is really busy and you may already have your solid friend group so sisters want to make sure that you really want to be involved rather than just there for the mixers/formals. But if you truly are looking for that sisterhood, your attitude will speak volumes. There are definitely sisters who joined their junior year in both sororities. Check out their insta's/stalk their members and see if you want to connect with them over the summer. Or jump right in during informal. Both options are great. Good luck!

By: panhell
by: sororitylifeJun 16, 2019 12:42:27 PM

I think the sister meant AOII (it's easy to confuse the letters). But other sororities may do it, just check their facebook pages when classes start. xo

By: sororitylife
by: CCJun 20, 2019 2:17:40 PM

I don't think GPhi and AOII would hold it against you for being a junior during informal recruitment. Otherwise, I agree with panhell—both sororities are great. Good luck! :)

By: CC

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.