facebook

dropped

by: really upset

I went through recruitment this year and didn't get a bid from theta/dg/sdt. I'm really upset and I don't get it because I really felt like I got along well with the girls in those houses. Is it common to rerush as a sophomore? Is it frowned upon??

Posted By: really upset
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: xx   

girls are supposed to try their hardest to get a long with you. they need a good rep at rush. even if they dont think the conversation clicked, theyll fake it. its what they were trained to do.

By: xx
#2  by: xx   

unless you go to barnard.. then you're probably missing the looks or the personality. thought imo the girls in those houses arent the hottest.

By: xx
by: barnardgirlOct 24, 2017 11:38:05 PM

What does it mean if you go to Barnard?

By: barnardgirl
#3  by: Anonymous    

I'm sorry you didn't get a bid. There was a huge number of girls rushing this year and a lot got dropped. It doesn't mean they didn't like you. They may have had legacies, girls with house recos, and people they knew from classes. You might have been 51 and they could only take 50. Please Rush next year. This time prepare to get to know girls in the house do they can pull you in and find people who will give you a formal recommendation (forms on the sorority national website). Keep your chin up and Good Luck!

By: Anonymous
#4  by: hmm   

some people do that, so it's fine, but it doesn't look very good when you cast off half the houses because you think you're too cool.

By: hmm
by: AgreeJan 31, 2017 6:48:14 PM

Yeah people remember that you will rushed this year and that minimizes your chances because you seem shallow and superficial. Chapters will usually identify people who rushed and dropped the previous year once the received the names of that years PNMs. Sometimes you just have to trust the system. That being said it is possible to rush again and have friends pull you in.

By: Agree
#5  by: depends   

dg/theta/sdt are not the only houses you should want a bid from and if you drop because you didnt get them you shouldnt expect to be able to go through recruitment again and have another outcome. why would you want a sorority who doesnt want you?

By: depends
by: trulyMar 6, 2017 7:04:26 PM

Lucky you, some houses have the 'once cut, always cut' recruitment policy or a 'once bid her and she dropped, so she'll always be dropped' policy. And you will never know which ones. So automatically your invite options will decrease from your previous recruitment. Please keep an extremely open mind by accepting any given party invitations and see what jells for you. FYI all the sorority women are supposed to be hospitable/polite/super friendly and make you want to be a member of their home, thus as you learned the hard way your 'feeling the connections' didn't automatically mean a house gave you an invitation much less a bid.

By: truly
#6  by: hey   

bump

By: hey
#7  by: sad premed   

What if I had a 2.5 when I rushed? Could that be why? I found out I have a chronic illness so I'm back at school to up my gpa but i also was dropped from everyone on pref day (except for gphi) could that be a reason why?

By: sad premed

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.