facebook

pnm wanting advice

by: yelp

I'm worried that I will have trouble with rushing at Arkansas. I'm coming from out of state and I'm worried with my lack of connections and the fact that I had no high school friend group will hurt my chances at rushing a sorority. I also don't have amazing grades but I have a lot of service hours, do sororities take that into consideration at uark? Do they judge based on looks, primarily on weight? What are things that sororities are particular on?

What are like the best things to do right now so I can better myself for when I rush next fall?

Posted By: yelp
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @pnm   

define "not amazing grades". you should be prepared that a lot of houses cut for grades after the first round.

By: @pnm
by: yelpFeb 13, 2024 8:05:12 AM

3.02 uw 3.5 w
350+ service hours

By: yelp
by: @yelpFeb 13, 2024 5:07:52 PM

Just being realistic- you are probably going to be released by a lot of houses based on your gpa.

By: @yelp
#2  by: Jenna   

You will most likely have cuts from the top five night one. Prepare yourself so you don’t get disappointed.

By: Jenna
by: @jennaFeb 13, 2024 5:08:30 PM

Uark does not have a top five.
The top three are kappa, chi o, and pi phi.

By: @jenna
#3  by: sorority :)   

start reaching out to recruitment chairs/members now so you're on their radar. I had a friend with low grades get top houses back because she made good connections. the girls will pull for you if they like you

By: sorority :)
#4  by: Hey   

If your gpa is less than 3.5 manage your expectations greatly - especially since you don't have connections.

If your gpa is lower than 3.0, you may risk not getting a bid until your grades are up because rush here is so competitive most people have 3.4+ gpa.

That said every house is great here and basically the same experience - just each house has a vibe.

By: Hey

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.