facebook

wondering where the REALISTIC RANKS post went 🤔

by: hmmmmm

wondering who would have wanted this thread removed?

Posted By: hmmmmm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 13
#1  by: interesting    

Hmm I wonder who wouldn’t want the actual retention stats out there?

By: interesting
by: ????Sep 18, 2022 10:49:16 AM

Were the retention stats posted? Can someone repost them?

By: ????
by: @???Sep 18, 2022 12:48:27 PM

Don't remember all the numbers for each house, but basically Chi O and Kappa are at 99.9-100% recruitment retention which makes them the most exclusive. Add in much needed connections and there is a slim chance pms are getting in these two.
Pi Phi and Zeta are about 95-100% keeping them top tier too. Connections are important, but not as crucial as Chi O and Kappa.

All the other houses are below these numbers, but some are still really high (middle tier houses ddd, kd, adpi at 80-99%) and then the lower houses under these numbers.

Panhellenic works really hard to keep the pmns in recruitment and not have them drop out if they are released from the "top" four houses. Every house is different and amazing all at the same time. Truth is, the middle tier and lower tier houses honestly have the nicest girls and the best sisterhood. They are the most liked houses on campus. I wish ranks weren't based on things like recruitment retention numbers and connections, but that's just how it is.

By: @???
by: HuhSep 18, 2022 1:03:04 PM

Were those the % from this past recruitment!? Because as a NM almost everyone I know ranked Chi O and Kappa at the bottom.

By: Huh
by: @Sep 18, 2022 1:17:58 PM

Cite your sources please!

By: @
by: livvieSep 18, 2022 1:33:13 PM

these percentages look pretty true, but I think the bigger factor is how many pmns the houses have to release. NPC makes each house release a certain number of pmns each recruitment.
for the tier 1 houses (xo,kkg,pbp,zta), they can only keep about a quarter of the pmns. tier two houses (adpi,ddd,kd) can keep about half. tier three (axo,pm) somewhere between the numbers for tiers two and four. tier four (aoii,dg) can keep about 3/4.

that's why the rankings are the way they are. it doesn't mean those houses are better, it's just when 75% of your gc group gets released from those four houses, it makes them seem more desirable.

By: livvie
by: ^^^@huhSep 18, 2022 2:06:11 PM

So the thing is if almost everyone you know ranked chi o and kappa at the bottom chances are pretty good that almost everyone you know was going to be released by those 2 houses anyway. Because they were going to be released anyway those pnms ranking them at the bottom does nothing to affect chi o or kappa retention rates. They still got back 99% or whatever of pnms they wanted back.

By: ^^^@huh
by: thisOct 28, 2022 8:13:52 PM

Needs to be its own post. If pnms or even actives just understood how the stats work

By: this
by: SaraNov 3, 2022 9:12:32 AM

bump!

By: Sara
by: claireNov 11, 2022 4:58:00 PM

this is the most helpful and informative thing i've read on this site

By: claire
by: LindaJan 17, 2023 3:31:44 PM

The actual numbers are only seen by Panhellenic

By: Linda
by: DanaFeb 1, 2023 10:53:57 AM

I actually think only one or two people know the numbers for ALL the houses

By: Dana
by: WellFeb 10, 2023 11:18:10 PM

Well kappa doesn’t want anyone to know they haven’t had a 99 percent return rate in years

By: Well
by: Yes!Mar 21, 2023 12:14:14 AM

Why they won’t they just post the actual rankings by pnm’s? It would change everything. Just because chi o and kappa are allowed to cut two/thirds of the pnm’s night one does not mean they were ranked that high by MOST pnm’s!

By: Yes!
by: GinaAug 3, 2023 12:22:42 AM

Tri delt wanted it removed because they aren’t considered top

By: Gina
by: AmberSep 9, 2023 3:40:01 PM

No way kappa has a better retention rate than pi phi. No way. And I believe they are either tied or below zeta at this point

By: Amber
by: Melissa Feb 13, 2024 11:21:20 PM

Where did people find these percentages?

By: Melissa
by: HennaFeb 16, 2024 9:00:52 AM

Kappa is no higher than pi phi or zeta

By: Henna
by: GinaFeb 17, 2024 9:29:41 PM

Kappa has no higher retention rate than pi phi or zeta

By: Gina
#2  by: @huh   

replying to Huh

That's not really how retention numbers work. For this last recruitment, there were almost 2300 pmns. Kappa and Chi O could invite approx 575-600 to the second round. So having a 99.9-100% retention rate means that all these pmns wanted them too (at least for this round).

Pmns ranking any of the top houses as last doesn't mean anything if the houses don't have the pmns high enough on their list.

By: @huh
by: sophSep 18, 2022 6:49:30 PM

Yep^ the last sentence this explains what apparently everyone here is confused about

By: soph
by: OkSep 19, 2022 12:27:12 AM

I know this is the way it is but it’s also the reason top houses continue to be perceived as top. I wish Panhellenic would look at actual pnm rankings.

By: Ok
by: TraciSep 19, 2022 9:36:39 AM

So basically this means no matter what ranks won’t change. If a mid tier house invited back hundreds more girls than kappa first round than they have much greater chance of being ranked low by pnm’s simply because they have more girls that have the opportunity too. Chi o has so many Arkansas girls and girls that know they are going chi o they aren’t getting ranked low by that group. Kappa floods girls they are looking at with follows on insta that those girls are not ranking them low first round. This is so unfair because I know for a fact kappa lost girls to several other houses during recruitment this year. I am a sophomore and know many kappas as well as many pnm’s this year. Last year pi phi kicked their butts. This year kappa lost to the other tops as well as Tri Delt. They aren’t liked on campus. So for Panhellenic to continue to give them a ridiculously high cut number first night and allowing them to think they are the S… is just so irritating when I know most girls would not want to be a kappa. I know kappas they don’t like being kappas.

By: Traci
by: @traciSep 19, 2022 1:30:47 PM

kappa and tri delt flooded PNMs this year. Unfortunately, it means absolutely nothing. They still choose Ark girls and those with in house connections. If I would have known the insta follows, comments, & dms meant nothing, I would have ranked differently from the beginning.

By: @traci
by: FRSep 19, 2022 6:12:00 PM

Of course they have a high retention rate. They rarely offer bids to anyone out of state and go for those BWB that have something to prove and are still stuck in that high school mindset 🙄🙄

By: FR
by: TruthNov 5, 2022 10:27:24 PM

Where are documented retention numbers posted from Panhellenic? I know there are people reporting them on here, but where are they getting their source?

Also, I always find it funny that anyone who says they cut a top house, the response is always that the girl was getting cut anyway. Why is it so hard to believe a girl can cut a top house? Or that sometimes the girl that ends up by chance in a top house was cut by the majority of other houses?

I think people would be shocked at what actually goes on behind the scenes and it’s not what it seems. But Panhellenic will always try to protect it.

By: Truth
by: repeatingNov 27, 2022 9:06:24 PM

For anyone who needs to hear it here's what @huh said and it's just the way the process works. Even if you don't like the way it works it doesn't change the facts.

Pmns ranking any of the top houses as last doesn't mean anything if the houses don't have the pmns high enough on their list.

By: repeating
by: HuhJan 7, 2023 9:46:12 AM

So basically Panhellenic determines who is top??

By: Huh
by: JaniceJan 13, 2023 10:13:17 PM

This is super frustrating. No way after being a gamma chi for the past two years do I believe kappa has a 99 percent return rate. No way

By: Janice
by: @JaniceJan 14, 2023 2:32:43 PM

if you were a gamma chi for even 1 year you'd understand how the process works.

By: @Janice
by: JennaFeb 2, 2023 10:24:27 AM

This person sounds like they know what they are talking about

By: Jenna
by: BoAug 2, 2023 1:55:12 AM

Interesting

By: Bo
by: KimMar 30, 2024 10:12:59 AM

Trying to understand how this works. Seems to me that Panhellenic decides who is top by giving certain houses a larger cut number night one

By: Kim
#3  by: but   

If a so called top house let's say chi o stopped having good retention numbers then panhellenic would stop having them cut so many. It doesn't matter how many theyre inviting back it matters what percentage of those they want back choose to come back too. So let's say round 1 chi o cuts 1500/2000 pnms. Of those 500 then if 200 rank chi o last and they only get back 300, you can bet next year panhellenic will have chi o cut fewer pnms first round. So it absolutely can change and does matter but only if the pnms that chi o wants back rank them low. Same for kappa, pi phi, zeta, who also release a lot of pnms first round.

By: but
by: thisSep 19, 2022 4:35:39 PM

Yes. Just the way it works

By: this
by: Felicia Sep 23, 2022 3:54:39 PM

Yes but it’s not that difficult to take the 5 or 600 girls past first round that you believe will keep you in the top 8. So if kappa floods pnm’s instagram with followers in the spring which they did and do then it would be rare those pnm’s would rank them in the bottom three the first night. If ADPI is required to invite 1500 back after first round then OFCOURSE their retention rate will be lower because now they have 1,000 more girls that have the opportunity to rank them low! How frustrating for other houses! And if they want to cut more to have the perceived illusion they are best they have to pay fines! And yes chi o / kappa it’s a perceived illusion but after this year it’s just that. Perceived and only perceived for kappa by kappas.

By: Felicia
by: WpsSep 23, 2022 9:42:55 PM

Totally agree with Felicia! Wish Panhellenic would understand this.

By: Wps
by: TruthNov 5, 2022 10:33:23 PM

Actually they would still get back 500. Based on your scenario, other girls move up in those slots. Everyone is ranked. So the 200 past number 500 get an invite back for that round.

By: Truth
by: @TruthNov 11, 2022 5:02:55 PM

Nope not true if like everyone says the other 1500 ranked chi o last as well.

By: @Truth
#4  by: pmn20   

I don't get the downvotes. These are just the statistics of what happens. Pretty plain and simple.
The top houses don't mean the BEST houses.

By: pmn20
by: Yes!Sep 19, 2022 5:37:52 PM

At UArk top definitely does not mean best

By: Yes!
by: agreeOct 2, 2022 8:52:22 AM

it's 100% accurate. these are just the numbers of recruitment, which explains why the four top houses stay that way.

By: agree
#5  by: @@   

It's not a research paper, but here are some sources:

Combined experience and info from current and former roommates (from three different houses) and me -

12+ years of sorority membership
10+ years of recruitment
3 gamma chis
3 members on exec
2 members on npc council
4 members on recruitment teams

Is that enough for you? Even without all this, most sorority members realize the statistics of recruitment after they've been on the other side. It's not rocket science, it's simply numbers.

By: @@
by: It’s not rocket science Sep 20, 2022 7:42:55 PM

Hahaha ^you are awesome thank you

By: It’s not rocket science
by: agreeSep 21, 2022 6:39:39 PM

I was a gc and was a chair on the recruitment team. These numbers are accurate. Some houses may not like the truth in these numbers, but it does not make any of the top four houses better than any other. As she said - it's simply numbers.

by: KaylieSep 23, 2022 9:56:12 PM

To @agree. Go read Felicia’s post a few up. The numbers are they way they are because of Panhellenic. It’s almost impossible math for it to change when the mid to lower houses have over a thousand more girls they DONT cut first round that now have the opportunity to cut them. Ofcourse they will have lower retention rates! It only counts if the house invites you back and you put them in the bottom three. The tops have WAY less girls going into round two to rank them lower.

By: Kaylie
by: gc21Sep 24, 2022 2:47:07 PM

GC this year and these numbers are absolutely true. I get that a couple houses may not like that, but this is how the tiers are seen during recruitment and on campus. All our chapters are really good, so it's frustrating as a GC for pmns to not even give the lower perceived houses a chance.

By: gc21
by: @Kaylie@FeliciaSep 24, 2022 9:00:02 PM

Hold on. Do you think panhellenic is a bunch of random part time volunteers who thought it would be fun to run a giant greek organization in their free time? The reason the process is as it is is because it works to maximize the chances of every pnm finding a house. Yep it is a slow one step at a time process for a house to move from bottom to top. They have to do a little better with retention every year to move spots. No one is moving from 11th to 5th in one recruitment. But every time a house's retention numbers go up against the house above them, that house moves up.

By: @Kaylie@Felicia
by: ^Sep 24, 2022 10:21:14 PM

Omg this^

By: ^
by: factsNov 6, 2022 9:05:48 AM

It's not rocket science, love it, preach sister!

By: facts
by: wpsAug 8, 2023 7:08:21 AM

Yes! This!

By: wps
#6  by: true   

accurate stats, don't know why people would dislike it. I understand disliking the actual process, but it just is what it is.

By: true
#7  by: agree   

these are the same retention rates for the last several years. something really big would have to happen for these to change. it's why the top four houses stay the top four houses.

by: @agreeJan 16, 2023 3:45:20 PM

I would like to see these start to change especially since two of these houses are so disliked on campus.

By: @agree
#8  by: right   

Houses can move up. It jjust takes time no one is moving more than one spot in one year

By: right
by: WellNov 2, 2022 2:09:38 PM

They can also move down. I think kappa and AOPI have gone down in ranks based on last two years

by: haNov 2, 2022 6:40:40 PM

it's actually ddd that's moving down and no amount of posting on gr about other houses is going to change that fact

By: ha
by: AndNov 3, 2022 12:34:26 AM

And ADPi is not high mid. And PM has moved up.

By: And
by: yesNov 3, 2022 3:21:03 PM

It will be very interesting to see what happens next recruitment. I can see zeta moving up to compete more with kappa and chi o. Axo will likely take the place of Adpi on the mid list. DG will compete with Phi Mu.

By: yes
by: WellDec 1, 2022 9:24:08 AM

Kappa has moved down. No way they are no 2 after the past couple of years

by: @right Jan 9, 2023 1:40:26 PM

Wish everyone would understand this, one good or bad rush doesn’t change this dramatically.

By: @right
#9  by: Ranks   

AOII has been strong. I don't know why someone would say they had an off year, but they are still so much better than KD, DG, PM, or AXO. They will move back up quickly. They still have great girls, and I certainly think their numbers were higher than DG, KD, or PM.

By: Ranks
by: what?Nov 4, 2022 9:19:06 AM

If you think this is true, you must not go here. AOII had the worst return numbers of any of the houses. They are not even close to kd, axo, or pm. Dg is the closest to aoii, but dg still did much better in recruitment.

By: what?
by: noNov 4, 2022 2:39:34 PM

um, what? aoii literally had the lowest returns of pmns. aoii has not been strong in a long time. other houses keep rising and aoii is bottom now. their numbers were definitely not better than kd, phi mu, and alpha chi. dg did a really good job at recruitment the last two years and are above aoii now.

By: no
#10  by: What   

Who would pay to have this removed? Confused

By: What
by: idk…Nov 5, 2022 9:32:30 PM

A mid house who wants everyone to think they’re a top house and super selective but these retention stats make them sound less selective? Any house come to mind?

By: idk…
by: hahahaNov 7, 2022 1:13:59 PM

this!

By: hahaha
by: @whatNov 27, 2022 3:35:38 PM

a certain mid level house (with three repeating Greek letters) does not like people to know what their retention numbers are.

By: @what
by: What?Dec 14, 2022 12:36:19 PM

Tri delt. Cuz they can’t stand not being on the same level as the tops

By: What?
by: YesDec 14, 2022 8:13:50 PM

For sure I think it was Tri delt

By: Yes
by: Denise Feb 9, 2024 9:16:04 AM

DDD that’s who would pay to have this relovedt

By: Denise
by: EanFeb 20, 2024 9:41:43 AM

Agree. Its a DDD alum paying to have this removed or buried

By: Ean

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.