facebook

UARK Legacy 2020

by: Open minded

Hi! I’m not sure coming here is the best option for me but like other PNM’s I’m feeling lots of mixed emotions right now. My biggest emotion is excitement but I am very anxious at the same time. I am a legacy for a house here on campus from my mom and grandmother. I’m keeping a very open mind and have their full support in doing so. I want to get to know the houses for myself and not base where they found their fits to me. I’m afraid I won’t be given a chance though. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Posted By: Open minded
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hey!!!   

Don’t talk about your legacy status with any of the other houses during recruitment !! And for the houses you really enjoy, MAKE SURE TO LET THEM KNOW. Everyone starts work week in a few days which I can only assume we can’t physically talk to y’all when that starts. Take these last few days to really find an active in each house you click with and get to know them. I went through as a legacy, and I got rushed into that specific house. I wanted to be my own person as well, but it didn’t end up that way. Even if you get that house at the end of the day, it’ll be okay. There are people for everyone in each house. I love my house now. I hope everything turns out well!

By: Hey!!!
#2  by: Hi   

You will be fine! I was legacy for a top house and pledged another top house. It happens all the time. I agree don’t mention your legacy status ( except if you wish to the house your a legacy for) and make it be known if you feel a connection somewhere else. This year legacy status is carrying a lot less weight. With over a hundred legacy pnm’s going through per sorority obviously over half will be cut if not way way more. I believe in the next five years it won’t even be a thing as nationally known sororities such as pi phi are no longer requiring the girls to give legacy privileges.

By: Hi
by: pbpAug 4, 2020 2:20:32 PM

You are so wrong.Pi Phi released information in which each chapter can choose a way of treating legacies. We are not required to drop our legacy privileges at all.

By: pbp
by: To pi phi Aug 4, 2020 2:43:51 PM

Right! I think you read what I wrote incorrectly. I said they are not “ required” to give privileges. It is up to each chapter.

By: To pi phi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.