facebook

Upperclassman Bids

by: Tay

I plan on transferring to Arkansas next year as a junior and being in a sorority has been my dream. Will it be harder for me to get a bid? And what advice do you have for upperclassman rushing?

Posted By: Tay
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :)    

I was an upperclassman that rushed, If you have a fun personality and good GPA you have a good chance of getting in one, but you’re not going to ahve many options. Many chapters just don’t take upperclassmen. The piece of advice I have for you is to breathe and keep an open mind and not get mad when you’re cut because it will happen. If your dream is to be in a sorority be happy with whoever invited you back each day because that chapter sees something in you! So stay positive and open minded! Every chapter is so great and if someone wants you that speaks volumes!!!

By: :)
#2  by: COB   

You could also try COB! That’s where houses host an informal rush and they invite you to like an ice cream social or something and you talk to a few members, if they like you they’ll extend a bid. To get an invite you will need to make a friend in the chapter and they will recommend you. For the most part, whichever house you go to the event is the house you will join so you are not going to have options. This is a good choice for upperclassmen though. Houses that usually do COB are DG, AOii, AXO, ADPI, Phi Mu

By: COB

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.