facebook

Adpi / Rush advice for out of state

by: uark 24

My sister is an adpi at a college in my state. We're not really close, but I think it would be cool to be in the same sorority as her. I don't know what it's like at Arkansas. I literally know nobody there besides one guy that is my mom's friend's son so
I can't really ask him. Can someone give me the honest truth?? I know Arkansas has lots of good houses and I will definitely look at others but for now I'm just wondering. Also, do you have any advice for me in general since I don't have connections in any of the houses? I'm pretty nervous about it and registering for recruitment in general

Posted By: uark 24
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ..   

ADPi is not a hard chapter to get into. If you have a good GPA and resume you’ll be okay. Definitely find some recs for them. Follow them on insta and DM some girls. They are incredibly sweet but maybe a little boring sometimes. Everyone loves them!

By: ..
#2  by: Happy   

Your good! If your a legacy without horrible grades and decent personality/looks you should have no trouble getting a bid. They have a great chapter here with all types of girls so even though I don’t know you you will have no trouble finding your people!

By: Happy
#3  by: Sister   

Tell your sister to reach out to the recruitment chair at Arkansas and tell her about you.

By: Sister
#4  by: Ah jeez   

I don’t know if some of these posts meant to sound condescending, but they did. “Decent looks/personality” .... I don’t care what house you’re talking about, but this is such a terrible thing to say to a pnm. Negative comments like this could stick with pnms they get a bid to whatever house you say that about & they could view themselves as just “decent”. Think before you comment, these girls are so nervous and impressionable right now—be the leader they need. (This goes for comments about every sorority by the way)
Anyways, to answer your question pnm: ADPi is actually very strong on who the pnm is as a PERSON. While GPA, recs, and all that Jazz matter, conversation is key ladies. Luckily you can now reach out to members! Use that to your advantage. Especially if you are shy at first, this calms social anxiety a bit so you can show your true self <3 It’s deeper than a resume/what you look like. A hilarious/interesting/genuine conversation will stick with the active during recruitment.
Also do research on other sororities here! It would be super special to be in the same house as your sister, but being knowledgeable of other houses could lead to a newfound love for another chapter! Having an open mind eases the stress of recruitment a lot(:
Reach out, be uniquely yourself & take some deep breaths.

By: Ah jeez
by: Makes senseMay 30, 2020 3:04:28 AM

if an adpi wrote this ... I see why they call you guys the darlings/sweethearts of campus. keep it up gals

By: Makes sense
by: So much loveMay 30, 2020 10:10:59 AM

@ah jeez THANK YOU for such an honest and enlightening response. You are a beautiful soul. Your response should be its own post!

By: So much love
by: <3May 30, 2020 4:03:31 PM

Thanks

By: <3

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.