facebook

Is it even worth rushing

by: Is it worth it

Hey everyone I am going to UARK in the fall and planning on rushing.. I’m from Florida, I have 3 recs for every sorority, 3.6 GPA, involved in sports in HS, 300 volunteer hours, but no connections or friends at UARK. I have a great, easy going personality but will I have a chance of even getting a bid from a good sorority? I hate how this sounds and comes off but I look like the stereotype for a sorority girl if that means anything at UARK.

Posted By: Is it worth it
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

I get it! It’s frustrating but I do think it’s worth it. If you have a good personality you never know who you can connect with during recruitment! It’s possible you will get cut from the top top sororities but if you were here you would see that there are lots and lots of good sororities! It’s fun to go to greek events with your sisters ( you will find girls EXACTLY like you in all sororities) and it will open doors for you to meet people you wouldn’t otherwise meet on campus both guys and girls. Give it a full semester wherever you end up. I didn’t find my people till the end of the first semester. I say go for it. You don’t have anything to lose and possibly lots to gain!

By: Hi
#2  by: Uh   

Yes!! I was almost exactly the same coming in to rush with 0 connections and still got a great house! It is obviously your decision but if the only thing discouraging you is no connections, know that anything is possible. Every sorority at uark is amazing!

By: Uh
#3  by: .   

Every house is great and you are not better than any house, so if you’re offered a bid, you should feel lucky. Yes you will be fine and likely end up in a mid tier house. Don’t expect Chi O, Kappa, Pi Phi, And probably not Zeta and Tri Delt. But every house is good here. Not everyone can be top, if they were there’d be no reason to have other houses

By: .
by: ZTAMay 25, 2020 11:44:44 AM

I went Zeta two years ago with no connections and a similar sounding resume! Don’t count yourself out just because of no connections!

By: ZTA
#4  by: Calling your BS    

This very same post is also on OU’s discussion page, word for word.
What’s your motivation in faking posts and an identity OP? And which one is it, OU or UARK or maybe its really TCU??
What a croc you poser.
Please no on else indulge her with any responses. Faker.

By: Calling your BS
#5  by: You are horrible! Wow.    

GUYS I haven’t committed to a college yet so I’m putting it on every college I got accepted to!! I am on disability scholarship and I am not required to commit until June. I am just weighing my options here. You guys are so quick to assume without knowing the full situation.

By: You are horrible! Wow.
by: Then be honest! May 25, 2020 4:12:14 PM

No — YOU are the one being dishonest by posting to four different schools that you are already committed and going there. Hello?!
You are earning a very high ranking of your own on the BS meter.
Be truthful in the way questions are posed and you won’t have a problem. Simple as that.

By: Then be honest!
#6  by: ??   

Says the one stalking all of these pages. I genuinely want a feel for each Greek system at every school I got accepted to. It’s not hurting anyone. Be rude all you want, but you’re the one stalking multiple Greek rank pages and all I want is an idea of Greek systems at each school before I fully commit. And don’t tell me I’m lying, because I worked my ass off for the scholarship money I’ve earned and I pushed past a disability. Bye

By: ??
#7  by: Ok    

Then don’t lie about being committed to 4 separate schools. It’s really as simple as that.

By: Ok
by: Chill oitMay 26, 2020 12:29:45 PM

You’re literally being insane. There’s nothing wrong with her posting on multiple message boards, and she’s not required to disclose her entire story and reasoning to some stranger on the internet. You’re give uark greek girls a bad name by being so unnecessarily rude and combative.

By: Chill oit

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.