facebook

What is considered a legacy

by: legacy

I’m sorry if this question is dumb but, say if you have a cousin or aunt who was in a sorority, does that make you a legacy? Or is it only by moms/grandmothers?

Posted By: legacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: okie    

yes that makes you a legacy, although a cousin or an aunt is not as impactful as a mom or grandma. Top houses also have so many legacies that they can only even consider the legacies with family members from Arkansas

By: okie
by: Pi phiMay 14, 2020 1:56:21 PM

Pi phi only considers moms, grandmothers and sisters as legacies. For sure a cousin or aunt ( even if from arkansas) will give you any special consideration for the top five houses. By special consideration I mean like the customary invite back for second round.

By: Pi phi
by: WhatMay 14, 2020 5:22:05 PM

No? I don’t know any sorority that considers a cousin a legacy. I believe previous poster meant pi phi will NOT give you special consideration if your cousin was a pi phi. Only mother, grandmother or sister.

By: What
by: helloMay 14, 2020 6:06:58 PM

yeah i am confused. as a pi phi, we don’t count cousins or aunts as legacies. only mothers, grandmothers, and sisters. i mean i guess you can put it on your resume that other relatives were in pi phi, but we will not count you as a legacy

By: hello
#2  by: No   

Not cousins or aunts. Mom, stepmom, sister, grandma.

By: No
#3  by: To the OP   

Each sorority has different criteria for who is considered a legacy. Some say grandmother, mother, sister, some say only mother or sister, some include step-moms, a few include aunts. It depends on the sorority's national policy.

By: To the OP
by: YaMay 14, 2020 11:59:57 PM

^^^^this is accurate. Sorry pi phi, it’s not all about you

By: Ya
#4  by: True?   

My mom was a Chi O in Texas; so was my aunt. I’ve been told that it will still be hard to get a Chi O bid even though I am a legacy because it only matters if they were “a sigh” and I don’t know what that means.

By: True?
by: What?May 15, 2020 11:12:04 AM

You mean if they were from Arkansas?? Chi o cut my friend that was a double legacy. Here is the deal..... all top sororities have sooooo many legacies go through. Seriously sometimes more legacies than their entire number of bids they give out. So obviously they have to cut atleast half of those. Chi o puts more weight on legacies from University of Arkansas and they get a lot of pressure from their alums on what girls to keep or cut. Good luck but don’t get your hopes up.

By: What?
by: ....May 15, 2020 11:42:43 AM

They mean a Psi which sounds like "sigh".

Every sorority chapter has a chapter name given to them by the national organization and Psi is the name of the U of Arkansas Chi Omega chapter. So what they are saying is you need to list that you are a ChiO legacy but it is not going to matter much if your mom wasn't from the UArk chapter.

By: ....

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.