facebook

Seriously Crazy

by: What?

If anyone tells you that Kappa and Chi O aren’t the most selective sororities here, you are being mislead. Zeta is also hard to get unless you’re from Texas. Love Pi Phi too.

Posted By: What?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

Yes agree. Those two are the most selective. That doesnt mean theyre the best. Kappa is selective for a reason and deserves their #1 spot. Chi i on the other hand will continue to take legacies and little rock girls, but because of how poor their pledge class was, they will be less desired by other girls. Pi phi and zeta are also difficult to get into if there is no connection but zeta is more inclusive. Overall agree they are most selective, but doesnt mean the girls will necessarily pick them back

By: Well
#2  by: So True   

Agreed.

By: So True
by: So TrueMay 14, 2020 12:32:06 PM

Agree that they are most selective, not that girls won’t pick them back. I doubt that Chi O will have any trouble getting any girl they really want. Same for Kappa.

by: So TrueMay 14, 2020 12:34:10 PM

I Do agree with post. I don’t agree with first comment, just got in wrong order.

#3  by: Hmm   

I actually think chi o will not get “ any girl they want”. I know they didn’t last year so I highly doubt they will this next recruitment. Kappa has probably already chosen who they want and except for a couple they may lose to zeta ( and possibly pi phi) they will have an easy recruitment. Zeta is a pnm’s best bet without connections but they have to be super cute and have a stand out personality. If you want Pi Phi then your resume better be stellar!

By: Hmm
by: YepMay 15, 2020 5:34:51 PM

^ This person got it right. Will be interesting to see what happens chi o this year.

By: Yep
by: ExactlyMay 16, 2020 6:19:13 PM

This!!! ⬆️

For this reason, there are “top house” girls in every house making every house amazing!!

By: Exactly
#4  by: Well yes...   

Panhellenic gives every house a different recommended number of PNM's to invite to each party; therefore, Kappa & ChiO have traditionally been the most selective. So yes, you are correct! But Zeta, PiPhi (& TriDelt) have had to make similarly sized party invitation lists.

I think the difference is that the "Tent Talk" last year was just not there for ChiO. A lot of the girls were more excited about the other houses on their list. And the talk on here and on campus about some of ChiO's challenges this year have not helped. They will need to try a little harder at recruitment to retain some of their more desired PNM's which I'm not sure they are used to.

By: Well yes...
by: 😕May 16, 2020 10:02:30 AM

Seems like an unfair system to me

By: 😕
by: Not unfair May 16, 2020 5:10:31 PM

It is only unfair if you are a PNM who is close-minded and not open to all of the chapters. The system is set up to give the largest number of bids to the entire system & so that all chapters have a large pool of AMAZING new members.

In the "olden days", girls would go to the most selective houses for 3 days in a row & then get dropped right before preference parties from those houses. They would then quit rushing altogether because they would feel heartbroken. And then the newer chapters on campus would miss out on those girls because they just dropped.

Now, the Kappas & ChiO's of the world will make large cuts in the beginning (for grades, resume, connections), so a PNM who will have only been at their house once for 20 minutes wont get their heart set & have an opportunity to take a good look around at the other AMAZING houses she has left.

That is why tiers, ranks and other BS doesnt apply as much here at Arkansas! All houses are amazing because they all have plenty of pretty/smart/fun leaders on their bid lists!

Does it sting to have your invite list drop? Yeah, it does....but the options left to you are what you make of them.

By: Not unfair
by: ExactlyMay 16, 2020 6:22:16 PM

This!!! ⬆️

For this reason, there are “top house” girls in every house making every house amazing!!

(Replied to wrong comment above oops!)

By: Exactly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.