facebook

sorority judgments

by: incoming freshman

I am rushing this fall and I am just wondering, do sorority girls at Arkansas judge or look down on other girls based on their house?

Posted By: incoming freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Adpi   

No! Atleast the girls I am close with in my sorority do not. Everyone knows how difficult recruitment is at uark (especially without connections) and we all know that all sororities are filled with beautiful, smart, and fun girls. I have friends from all tiers. I have not felt judged ( my sorority is mid tier) except for from one girl and she was a chi o. They sort of are a different breed of girls here and to be honest are not very well liked, which they need to work on.

By: Adpi
by: Chi oMay 30, 2020 1:46:18 AM

As a Chi O I want to apologize for the way you were treated. That’s is embarrassing and unacceptable. No sorority is better than another, and that is absolutely a fact. I promise this doesn’t reflect our house as a whole. None of my friends would treat someone this way💔

By: Chi o
#2  by: No   

Not at all - neither girls nor guys will look down on you no matter what house you land in. We all know that this is a challenging process for everyone & that it is about finding your girl squad at UArk, not about tiers or being above/below someone else.

By: No
#3  by: :)   

I’m sorry but these ladies are lying to you. I promise that most (not all) Chi Os, Kappas, Pi Phis, Zetas, and some Tri Delts are not going to hang around much with the ladies in bottom tier houses. I’ve never in my life seen a Kappa and a DG be friends. Top houses REFUSE to have functions with the other houses, they are extremely cliquey and mean.

While I personally think the houses are very judgey, in reality it doesn’t affect your life much and you will still have fun in any house, but I would expect much friendship from a top tier if you are bottom tier

This isn’t to say all top tier gals are like this but from my perspective I’ve only met a few who didn’t immediately turn their nose up at me or sisters

By: :)
by: HmmMay 31, 2020 2:51:11 AM

I’ve never had this be the case. Maybe I’m blind but I’m in what’s considered a lower house and I’ve never been treated any different for my letters...

By: Hmm
#4  by: Well then    

What decent, kind-hearted girl would want to be a part of that??

By: Well then
#5  by: greek life member    

hi PNM,

Congratulations on deciding to rush this fall. We are all very excited to meet each and every one of you. After reading the comments above, I really wanted to take second and tell you, yes there are stereotypes to certain houses and how they may or may not associate with other houses. In my experience, when houses want to get together with other houses, for a function or event or fundraiser for example, they usually pick some of the same houses. However, that is not always the case. For example, at the beginning of the school year, tri delt, adpi, and delta gamma, all have a function called delta airlines together and they bring boys from all different fraternities. Those houses are all pretty different, yet they are all friends. My sorority tends to have functions and events with many different houses because we have a lot of girls we are friends with in different houses and sometimes we can even fill out surveys or vote on who to set up an event with.

Something important to remember is not everyone is the same. Some girls will only associate with girls in their own sorority. I would recommend not doing this. I have friends in EVERY single sorority and it’s better that way. You can go to their events and meet new people, you know more people in your classes, and it makes transitioning to college a lot easier when you recognize others on campus. Some of my best friends are in my own sorority but I have many others that are in all different sororities. I’m still friends with a lot of girls in my rush group, and none of us ended up in the same sorority.

As a whole, houses don’t judge other houses. On the individual member base, girls will, no matter what house you’re in. There are many many nice girls in all the houses; however, it’s inevitable. There will be snotty, rude girls in every single house’s PC. You should choose your friends wisely and try to make the most of it! Having more friends in other houses and not getting caught up in all the drama is much better. As a PNM, I did not even know this website existed, and I think it helped me a lot.
I’m wishing you the best. Whatever you read on here is usually only 1/2 true at best. Don’t get caught up in everything being posted on here and do your OWN thing. Don’t worry about whether or not you’ll be judged for choosing a certain house. All houses at Arkansas are good.
Good luck! :)

By: greek life member

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.