facebook

Really have a chance?

by: Confident

Does a really pretty girl with a 4.0 GPA, studious personality, and NOT a legacy really have a chance with the top houses? Or are the top houses already taken before rush even starts?

Posted By: Confident
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: yup   

I am a chi o and I came to rush with no legacies and only knew one person in the sorority, if you connect well, have good recommendations and grades then you can absolutely get in anywhere. wherever you end up will truly be the perfect fit

By: yup
by: 🙄Apr 25, 2020 3:23:02 PM

leave it to chi o to not realize how wrong all of this girls ideas are and instead hype her up

By: 🙄
by: uh huhApr 25, 2020 3:51:06 PM

Probably not even a Chi O. Maybe it's "Confident".

By: uh huh
#12  by: greek member    

If I met you during rush and you acted like this, I would guarantee you would not be coming back. I'm in a "top house" and I can almost guarantee NONE of my sisters acted like this. I have a 4.0, am pretty, involved with a million things, in the honors college, double major. Guess what? So are a million other girls in recruitment. I never ONCE felt like I was so so oh so special compared to everyone else in recruitment. In fact, I felt the OPPOSITE because I realized how many amazing girls go through rush and I felt honored and happy to be right there along with them and making friends through the process. It's not about being "pretty" or having "worth," it's about a sisterhood that loves and cares and gives to others. I still have my 4.0 at Arkansas and I would NEVER hold that above one of my sisters. Our VP of recruitment said if she even hears us discussing looks, then she will take us out of recruitment. You have no idea what the sororities really are at Arkansas. It's not this stereotypical partying, 2lbs blonde girls, just going crazy. It is so much more than looks or being better than someone else. Arkansas has some of the best sisterhoods in the nation and also one of the most competitive rushes. I know for a fact, not one house, top, middle, or bottom wants a girl with an attitude. There ARE girls that do not get bids and have good grades and are pretty. It happened to a girl I know and she was vying for one house all week long that was at the top and didn't think she "fit in" with the other houses. She basically ruined it for herself.

By: greek member
#13  by: For real   

You don’t

By: For real
#14  by: uark1919   

Ya girly, you definitely need to change your attitude along with going in with a different mindset!

By: uark1919
#15  by: Hi    

You’re going to have a terrible experience if you keep thinking you’re better than everyone else. Don’t underestimate “bottom” houses. Lastly, you need to remember why you’re going through recruitment. Just to get in a top house or to join a sisterhood. Valuing sisterhood is far more important than being really pretty

By: Hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.