facebook

pledge class

by: 2013

Chi O, Pi Phi, and Kappa will always be top houses. Old repuatations do not always "die hard" as someone stated below. Especially with the new Kappa house now being the largest sorority house in the SEC, KKG will remain in the top 3.

ZTA, Tri Delt, and KD will still interchangibly rank high middle tier. Although Tri Delt was put on probation this past year they'll still always remain a high middle tier house. ZTA was still a very popular house and many of the girls this year seem very well rounded - never has really been a bad thing to say about this group of girls. KD received an awesome pledge class this year and fluctuates from top to middle tier quite often.

Although AOPi is technically still considered a "newer house," their pledge class this year seems to give them the power they've been seeking to build up these past few years.

ADPi is still bottom-middle tier. Beautiful, traditional house but the lack of popularity has seemed to away many of the typical "sorority girl" away from this house. Although, they did receive an amazing pledge class.

Phi Mu got an awesome pledge class for their first year of Formal Recruitment. With the house set to be built by January 2016, it wouldn't be suprising for Phi Mu to become a middle tier house within the next 10 years.

Although AXO is also a new house, they seem to lack the ambition Phi Mu has in building a good, strong reputation. The plan for their new house is not yet set in stone which I believe discouraged some.

Posted By: 2013
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: pigsooie   

Chi O's house seems to be hurting them some now, especially after Kappa's renovations. They are still percieved as a top-house by pnm's but once they see the actual houses Chi-O loses some appeal. Kappa is the flashy pick now, but got some girls lacking substance, will be interesting.

KD and Zeta seem to be getting more and more high-level all around girls than ever, they are def a force to be reckoned with in the very near future.

Phi Mu and AXO both did better than many would have thought, but not having an actual house is too big of a hurdle at this time.

AOPi is coming on, their house is beautiful but there is still some doubt about relatively new sororities.

Pi Phi just rolls along, nothing flashy but always very solid.

DDD needs some image-rehabbing, this will be an important year for them.

By: pigsooie
by: ...Aug 29, 2013 4:16:41 PM

Agree with this.

KD's new pledge class is incredible. Beautiful, well-rounded girls with that realness factor the KD's are known for. Not as striking, but Zeta's new pc is pretty incredible too.

Phi Mu did awesome!

New sororities and record breaking numbers of freshman have completely changed the picture. Not a good time if your reputation already suffers like DDD. Not sure why they once again chose several girls with the heavy make-up and plastic hair.

By: ...
#2  by: Curious   

Phi Mu and AXO started in the same place but have gone two completely different directions. Phi Mu got girls other houses wanted and are a real competitor now. AXO is still that one sorority no one argues is the bottom of the list.

By: Curious
#3  by: Ark   

You must be a Phi Mu if your posting about the house or the "direction" of The chapter. Nice try.

By: Ark
by: ....Aug 30, 2013 1:27:00 AM

I'm a GDI, lol. It's a pretty obvious statement.

By: ....
#4  by: Lol   

How does that make them a phi mu

By: Lol
#5  by: hm   

Phi Mu did have a good rush. Proud of the newer chapters for working so hard!

I agree with the comments about KD up there too - they seriously got a beautiful pledge class full of really cool girls. Stepped up their recruitment by a large step this year. I think the somewhat larger pledge class than chi o and kappa gave them a great chance to get more top-tier girls and they took advantage of it.

By: hm
by: YeahSep 1, 2013 4:11:17 PM

The older houses couldn't take as many, but then they should have the most selective pledge classes and they don't. It just doesn't look like they took top-tier girls. So the girls had to have cut the older houses and not preffed them. I agree, I see lots of top-tier in KD.

By: Yeah
#6  by: GDI truth   

The reason I never pledged is because I can't stand people who judge others based on looks, popularity and let's face it, money. The ADPi's are real girls who are pretty and nice. Many of them are my friends. If I wanted to pledge, I would Pledge ADPi because they are smart, sweet girls. Those of you who put them down are insecure and snobby. These are the girls that will make something of themselves and be respected as adults. I feel sorry for the people who feel that they need to put them down to make themselves feel better. Get a grip! Life is bigger than sororities. You will not fare well in the real world if you can't accept people for who they are. These are nice, pretty girls with heart and soul. Those who judge have neither.

By: GDI truth
#7  by: GDI truth   

The reason I never pledged is because I can't stand people who judge others based on looks, popularity and let's face it, money. The ADPi's are real girls who are pretty and nice. Many of them are my friends. If I wanted to pledge, I would Pledge ADPi because they are smart, sweet girls. Those of you who put them down are insecure and snobby. These are the girls that will make something of themselves and be respected as adults. I feel sorry for the people who feel that they need to put them down to make themselves feel better. Get a grip! Life is bigger than sororities. You will not fare well in the real world if you can't accept people for who they are. These are nice, pretty girls with heart and soul. Those who judge have neither.

by: Judge much?Sep 2, 2013 2:02:06 AM

Pot meet kettle. You come on here to point fingers and judge all the people you "can't stand" because they said they didn't like some people either.

I do, however, agree that people shouldn't be judging the AOPi's because they're not the typical sorority girl. They truly are great girls.

By: Judge much?
#8  by: GDIs   

You suck GDI leave

By: GDIs
#9  by: GDI truth   

I''m sorry...I don't think we have ever met, yet "i suck" my point exactly. You think you are high and mighty but the truth is that you need validation by insulting people you have never met. That is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. Sorry to burst you're higher than mighty fantasy but you are no better than anyone else. I thought junior high was over, but apparently your brain never developed beyond 8th grade.

by: Go awaySep 2, 2013 11:58:24 AM

I'm sorry, but this subject is about the pledge classes, period. You've derailed completely into some other self-absorbed world. Start your own discussion.

By: Go away
by: HypocriteSep 2, 2013 2:08:51 PM

Hypocrite: Insulting people they've never met because they're insulting people they've never met.

By: Hypocrite
#10  by: Questions   

What are these rankings based on? And who/what decides what the top, middle, lower tiers are? Is this actually based on real criteria? Or is it just opinions of students?

By: Questions
by: DumbSep 3, 2013 10:37:25 AM

Obviously it's anonymous opinions.

By: Dumb

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.