facebook

sorority costs at uark

by: PNM

Hi,

Right now I am rushing; I’m really excited because I’m out of state and I got a lot of top houses back today. Unfortunately, I’m funding my entire academic bill already and will have to pay for sorority out of pocket on top of that. I have asked a million people where I can find the individual chapter costs at Arkansas and no one can give me a straight answer / the information is not online, only the average price of all 11 chapters is posted which is not very helpful. Does anyone know the prices of some of the sororities or even which are cheaper than others?

Thanks in advance for the help, I really appreciate it

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: not sure   

Not totally sure, but I've alway heard t hat Kappa is most expensive. That may change now with the new sorority houses - those house bills may be pretty high. Ask a Gamma Chi if there's a way to find out specific numbers. It's a valid question.

By: not sure
by: PNMAug 19, 2019 11:49:25 PM

I’ve asked my gamma chi and a few others and none of them can seem to find an answer, thank you though for the information!!

By: PNM
by: Different Aug 20, 2019 12:13:33 AM

Well I’m in what you would consider a bottom house and this year new member fees is about 4500-4800 for the whole year.

By: Different
#2  by: tbh   

I don’t know the costs but I don’t think there is a big enough difference in the houses to matter. I do know Kappa is high because they have an “everything included” meaning they won’t ask you for money for extras during the semester like most other houses do.

By: tbh
#3  by: .   

if you’re worried about cost, avoid kappa, phi mu, and tri delt. tri delt and phi mu (and maybe dg?) are in debt for their houses which translates to higher costs. kappa is just more like people have said

By: .
by: Not reallyAug 20, 2019 9:34:56 AM

Not sure where you heard that about DDD? Their in house fees which include their semester dues are less than living in the dorms & aren't in debt by any stretch....please don't spread rumors or try to scare pnms that might be interested.

By: Not really
by: .Aug 20, 2019 9:51:44 AM

not trying to spread rumors! that’s just my tri-delt friend told me

By: .
#4  by: RumorsareBS   

If you go to a party, you ARE allowed to ask a member.
My chapter talked about it during work week, and we were told to give a ballpark estimation to a PNM.
But PLEASE don't be discouraged by the money...EVERY chapter knows that money is an issue, and they have payment plans, extended payment plans, ways to help you get scholarships, and SO many other ways to try and help you out with payment.

As a member in a sorority that pays her own dues..it is doable! All you have to do is reach out!

By: RumorsareBS

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.