facebook

rush at university of arkansas - fayeteville (ifc)

by: GREEKALUMN

I'm a 2008 GREEK Alumn from a fraternity at U of A. I have two younger brothers. One went through rush in 2012. He didn't get into any fraternities he liked. He got cut by all the ones that are pretty cool, atleast back when I went and there still the same (1st and 2nd tier ones). He's a pretty cool kid.. I mean he was just as popular than me in high school if not more, he parties, isn't shy. And we're not white. One of his friends told him that some of the fraternities wouldnt take any minorities and only one or two minorities were pledges in top fraternities. I really had no problem back when I rushed (I got bids from top fraternities). Do you think it was more of a racial discrimination problem, seeing as it is Arkansas and enrollment is basically twice as much since I went their because of the Texas kids. He was kinda depressed for a little bit and my other brother will be up their in a couple of years so I just want to know if he should rush. He's not going to want to be in a fraternity that gets harassed by the others. I wont name any in particular, but you guys know who they are. If there are any guys in fraternities up there now, could you give your opinion?

Posted By: GREEKALUMN
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: idk   

I mean it couldn't hurt to go through rush. By the time he gets up here it might be a different.

By: idk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.