facebook

not a party guy

by: HogWild

I'm planning on joining a fraternity but I do not party at all and I'm not looking to start partying either. Will I be looked at differently for not drinking/partying?

Posted By: HogWild
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes.    

Every frat parties. If you go to a party and don't drink or refuse drinks then no one will care at that party. However, your frat will immediately view you as that one guy who doesn't drink and judges everyone for drinking (ironic, I know). Just go to a party and try it out. No one is going to force you to drink more than you should. If they do then consider joining a different frat.

By: Yes.
#2  by: Well...   

Usually when you join a fraternity and you're a pledge then more than likely you will be forced to attend social events (parties). If you don't like the party scene then I wouldn't recommend you trying to join a fraternity because you won't enjoy it as much.

By: Well...
#3  by: UAMom   

My son doesn't drink either. He joined a frat. Bid day, he was handed alcohol. He refused to drink. They harassed him until he dropped out. Later he joined BYX, they don't drink. Good luck with college.

By: UAMom
by: pleaseJul 25, 2013 3:09:07 PM

can everyone over the age of 40 please get off this site. you are a mother and should have more important things to do

By: please
#4  by: Well   

I know several guys who are in fraternities that don't drink and their brothers appreciate them and like them all the same. I do not think you have to drink necessarily to be part of a good fraternity at Arkansas. Show them your personality and if your character and personality goes along with the ideals of their fraternity they will appreciate you all the same.

By: Well
#5  by: No   

Some fraternities force you to drink and some don't at parties. Every frat is different. But if you don't like the party scene, then no frat is right for you.

By: No
#6  by: you   

can avoid the party issue by volunteering to be the pledge driver. everyone appreciates the pledge drivers, and you meet a ton of people.

By: you
#7  by: Dontrush   

The Greek life is a disappointment here at arkansas.

By: Dontrush
#8  by: .    

what about with sororities?

By: .
#9  by: kappa   

Kappa sucks

By: kappa

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.