facebook

housing

by: confirm please

So I have heard some rumors about greek housing being built. Are these true and if so what does the timeline look like?

Posted By: confirm please
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: jalkn   

I wouldn't hold your breath on it. The University has done this before where they act all serious about getting housing but until each chapter individually gets a piece of paper saying its happening , I'm calling b.s .

By: jalkn
#2  by: unsure   

i get why some houses (sigep, signu, pike, delta sig, aepi, phi delta theta, sigma chi, psk) would be waiting for asu to build houses for them, since ASU owes these 8 fraternities housing after tearing down their former houses and hasn't paid them back yet (these are the 8 fraternities whose nationals actually owned the houses, regardless of whether or not they still exist at ASU)...but everyone else should just work on getting an alumni association together to build houses. Many schools have successful greek life with great houses with zero help housing wise from the university. For the chapters with strong alumni networks, it should be possible. I think waiting for the university should be over.

By: unsure
by: legalMar 21, 2015 10:32:31 PM

Actually this past fall that lawsuit was finally settled for the breach of contract. A combined payout of around $16 million. It wasn't an even payout either. I was told by a friend in delta sig they received the largest portion, roughly $4 million. So those fraternities listed that are still on campus or that have recently returned do have some capital to put into the construction of a house. The main problem is there is literally only one reasonable spot in Tempe for fraternity houses to be built, that being the former home of the houses Alpha Dr. Which I have a hard time seeing houses pop back up there. There is talk of doing the 'lodges', a building for the purpose of having a special individualized common area for that particular fraternity. The thought is that if greek villas goes well with little craziness that the lodges could be built for those fraternities who are actively participating in the villas. The future of greek housing could have a bright future. We as fellow greeks have to all make sure that we continue to make smart choices so that our common.goal of having housing can possibly happen, even if it is after our time is up at ASU. Proud to be an ASU Greek!

By: legal
#3  by: Yea   

In a simple answer yes. And construction starts late summer early fall.

By: Yea
by: IndeedMar 24, 2015 7:19:45 PM

Can confirm.

By: Indeed
by: whereMar 24, 2015 7:33:28 PM

where? alpha dr? carston? and real housing or "lodges"...will they be owned by the chapters like how alpha dr was after 2003? Or owned by ASU?

By: where

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.