facebook

Sorority Fall COB/Open Spots

by: freshman

I'm a freshman at ASU and I dropped sorority recruitment in the 3rd round because i didn't find the place for me. i didn't necessarily get dropped from a lot of houses, but I didn't want to commit to something i didn't want or fit into. I decided to do fall COB and reached out to many chapters on insta but haven't gotten a reply yet. I definitely think i fit into a lot of the houses, so if anyone knows houses that are doing a non-public COB or have spots can you please let me know or get me connected with someone that could get me a spot? (not SK, ADPi, AOii)

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

those 3 sororities don’t want you anyways, try hard

By: lol
by: freshmanSep 6, 2023 10:18:52 PM

They’re not bad, really sweet girls, I just mentioned those cause first of all i already know they’re doing COB and also I dropped them cause i just didn’t feel like it was my place.

By: freshman
by: bffrSep 8, 2023 8:15:58 AM

It’s not that serious babe get off of this site & pay for your dues. you really shouldn’t be concerned 😂

By: bffr
by: WeirdoSep 11, 2023 9:30:18 PM

Stfu weirdo

By: Weirdo
by: freshmanSep 16, 2023 4:29:08 PM

@lol: those three all wanted me and invited me back and sk had been hitting me up for COB non stop but I don't want them. Especially SK cause I know all about the bullying that happens there and they just are not for me. But thanks for your input

#2  by: COB   

COB doesn't start until spring they won't respond because they don't even know if they can do it yet

By: COB
by: freshman Sep 7, 2023 4:56:11 PM

thanks! i just know that some of them may have open spots this fall so they don’t do a very public cob but take in a few girls

#3  by: COB   

Sororities that are at their quota cannot do COB because they can’t exceed a certain number of members. It’s a Panhellenic rule.
If you’re not interested in the houses doing COB, you can wait until next Fall and go through formal recruitment again.

by: Freshman Sep 8, 2023 2:22:01 PM

unless people drop and there’s a spot

By: Freshman
by: NoSep 17, 2023 9:33:35 PM

Ya not true. Aphi, DZ , etc, all regularly do COB. You just don’t hear about it! And sometimes it’s only 1-2 girls but I know people who have joined the ‘better’ sororities as a COB with 10-15 other girls in their COB class. Like I said they just don’t advertise, usually girls reach out directly to their friends they think might be interested.

By: No
by: asuSep 18, 2023 10:47:56 AM

Houses can’t exceed the quota set by Panhellenic.
They can offer bids when they are below it. But they aren’t required to.
They occasionally will quietly offer a bid to someone. It’s often the close friend of a member already in the house. It’s usually not someone who was dropped by the house during fall recruitment.

By: asu
#4  by: COB   

The sororities that are the most desired have met their quota and won’t see if they will need to accept more girls until the spring. Also most snap bids are done right after bid day and are from the least desired sororities. Your best bet is to wait for spring or go through formal recruitment again next fall.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.