facebook

Sigma Kappa ASU Truth

by: Sigma Kappa Active

As an active member of Sigma Kappa at ASU, I can tell you much of what is said here is true. I rushed thinking I had found my forever home. Pledging had some fun times. And then came initiation where I wore all my white everything, learned the "secrets" that really aren't so secret. But once we got initiated, it was like the honeymoon was over. Suddenly the masks came off, other so called sisters treated us like outcasts and cold. When I asked why this was happening, I was told this is a business and that's how it is. All the talk about Saint Katherine (SK), SAO (sigma alpha omega - sisters from beginning to end (yeah right)), TRUTH password, "Thus we stand heart to heart and hand to hand" secret motto, SLAM (sigma love and mine), One Heart One Way, Pass It On, the pearl ring, st elmos fire, and all that stuff is out the window and just for show. So here I sit, surrounded by people who all bash each other (and every other chapter) and then pretend to like each other, act like mean girls and then get mad and even more mean when they get called out on it. I considered dropping out but I have seen that drama unfold and it's just easier to go along with it all for now, politely address MC and sisters", sit in our triangle and do the hand squeeze at each meeting knowing it is meaningless. As for those who say we pay to have negative reviews taken down, yeah, sometimes. We can't have all the dirty details out there otherwise we have a whole other problem with low membership. We will literally pay money to keep the truth from getting out. Funny thing is that truth is one of the ritual things yet there is only lies at this chapter. I wish someone would have told me all this before I was initiated but whatever. It is what it is. To the PNMs, just be aware and alert and don't believe everything you are told. And keep in mind, you may seem negative reviews here about SK, but think about what the ones we paid to have taken down must say. My only goal in posting this is to let PNMs know what my experience has been because it's unfair to be deceived until initiation when it is too late. Go through rush and listen to your gut instincts. Good luck!
And for those that think I am just some troll, Am I a Sigma Kappa? Yes. Prove It. T-R-U-T-H

Posted By: Sigma Kappa Active
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 6
#1  by: pnm 2021   

wow. thank you! all helpful to know.

By: pnm 2021
by: pnmAug 23, 2021 11:20:13 AM

Same here. Good info to keep in mind.

By: pnm
by: DclSep 4, 2021 10:10:48 PM

Wish i had known all this before rush

By: Dcl
by: Who cares, when - 😞Sep 5, 2021 2:30:51 PM

The Pretty White Girl (PWG) is going extinct.
They are America's rarest human species.
America's smallest minority group. 🥺

PWGs are @ 1 in 15 in last Spring's sorority PCs.
It was 1 in 3 ten years ago.

Take many pictures of them, so we can remember what they looked like... 🦄

By: Who cares, when - 😞
by: FakeAug 28, 2022 10:23:20 AM

ugh, went there yesterday and they were fake af and a couple were rude af

By: Fake
#2  by: dz   

this is kinda like dirty rushing. lots of houses occasionally do it. how do you think the dz tik-tok post magically disappeared?? lol. the gossip on this site is so extra!

By: dz
by: NewbieAug 22, 2021 2:41:15 PM

What was the dz tik tok post about? You mean it's dirty rushing for them to pay to have posts removed? I thought dirty rushing was promising bids. Sorry, new to all this.

By: Newbie
by: .Aug 23, 2021 12:44:23 PM

the tiktok is still up.

By: .
by: LinkAug 23, 2021 2:44:28 PM

Link please for the tiktok? What does it show

By: Link
by: DdddAug 23, 2021 4:26:40 PM

It shows delta zetas acting extremely inappropriate and classless. Nothing new for them

By: Dddd
#3  by: dz   

sorry I was confusing! . shouldn’t have equated them. dirty rushing is promising a bid and it’s really bad!! but several houses do it anyway. as far as greek rank goes, we sometimes pay to have posts removed. lots of houses do (frats,too) but often don’t bother to because most people don’t pay attention to this site. it’s not a big deal at all. lol. (the til-tok post was one we paid to take down)

By: dz
by: Who cares, when - 🤔Sep 23, 2021 9:16:21 AM

The Pretty White Girl (PWG) is going extinct.
They are America's most endangered human species.
America's smallest minority group. 🥺

PWGs are @ 1 in 15 in last Spring's sorority PCs.
It was 1 in 3 ten years ago.

Take many pictures of them, so we can remember what they looked like... 🦄

By: Who cares, when - 🤔
#4  by: strength   

i read this with tears in my eyes because i get it. i understand what you are going through. i see you. i hear you. you matter. nobody deserves to be treated in the way you described. you are courageous for posting this and using your voice. i am sure you just made a difference for at least one, likely many, pnms and because of you, they will not have to go through what you are. hopefully that can bring you some comfort. hang in there. pan love.

By: strength
by: SameAug 22, 2021 6:07:41 PM

I'm not crying. I'm just, um, peeling onions.

By: Same
by: lolAug 22, 2021 7:34:40 PM

oh, the drama.

By: lol
by: GoyAug 23, 2021 8:22:55 PM

Get over yourself with your dumb drama comment. That is why we get bad raps and labeled mean

By: Goy
by: lolololAug 24, 2021 4:59:20 PM

^^^^^and that is why we get a bad rap. You sound real kind and classy. Keep going dg friend. Okay, you aren't a sk. Way to point that out. Real convincing. All of yall are why the rest of us are viewed negatively. JC

By: lololol
by: Idiot Sep 2, 2021 10:21:59 AM

Stfu dg friend. You are showing exactly what they are saying. You sound like a bully. Makes sense you are a dg friend

By: Idiot
by: @ dg "friend"Sep 2, 2021 12:21:11 PM

Believe that I wouldn't waste a single penny on this site let alone paying to remove something you wrote, dg "friend". Why would I respond to you just to have your original post deleted and then nobody knows what I responded to?? That's epic. So then who paid?? Hmmmmm. But keep going with your fake accusations and reposting just to let the site make more money. Hilarious

By: @ dg "friend"
by: dg friendSep 8, 2021 9:45:31 PM

ngl, this is truly great comedy, but really?? do you hear yourself? "i hear you. i see you." "you're so courageous" "keep your head up" " if i were the original poster, which i'm not" good lawwd! so what if they deleted some posts? if your chapter was getting spammed like this, you'd do it too. dz removed a post about their controversial tik-tok, aop does it all the time and so does axo and aphi. it's common knowledge and no one cares! (no one cares about this site in general, but that's not the point). and the funniest thing is that you've reported this post 3 times now!!! as for taking screen shots of greek rank??? that's hilarious. they're not going to help on any of your tests, sis. isn't it time to let it go? we get it. you're not a sk fan. move on. this makes you and greek life look really cringe.

By: dg friend
#5  by: Not alone   

What's funny is there are many of us feeling just like this and we don't realize it and we think we are alone but aren't. I am a Sigma K also and I truly have no idea who the first poster is but apparently she is doing a good job of faking it cause I have no idea who she is. Funny enough I feel the same exact way as her. Here we are feeling the same way in the same chapter but have no idea who each other are. Well, girly, I feel you. I get it. Maybe I will leave, I am still deciding. Even though I don't know who you are, I support you.

By: Not alone
by: aoii2Aug 22, 2021 10:12:02 PM

ikr?! i feel exactly the same way as the aoii poster! feels like we are all "sistahs from another mistah!" what i don't understand is how asu greek life is so bad. idk why but it makes me feel just a little better knowing that our house isnt the only one that has challenges. i guess it's everywhere. my bff at boulder hates her house, too.

By: aoii2
by: EnergyJun 4, 2023 11:31:49 AM

It isn't ASU greek life that's so bad, it's the immature students joining said orgs. Greek life doesn't offer the Participation Cups Of Life you're used to. It requires the work of challenging yourself and your sisters to be better. When you spend time making greek life 'all about you' and only what 'you' want to have occur you fail your group as a whole, and the growth you can experience by belonging and achieving.

By: Energy
#6  by: yes girl   

I for one just want to say you go girl. Good on you for speaking out. Greeker here too. Yeah there is a lot that sucks. I have some sigma kappa friends and they feel the same way you do. Interesting that so many sigma kappas are so unhappy and there are probably so many more who just keep it in. While all houses have problems, there is a disproportional level of dysfunction happening at sigma kappa right now so that should be looked at by the chapter, pan, and national. Where there is smoke there is fire. IJS

By: yes girl
by: ASUAug 24, 2021 11:03:56 AM

Regardless of your take on greek life, I think we can all agree OP is brave to speak out and her experience is a lot more common than we realize.

By: ASU
#7  by: Respect    

Well said

By: Respect
by: LlAug 27, 2021 11:57:20 AM

Yep..

By: Ll
#8  by: You got this   

Keep your head up and remember no srat defines you

By: You got this
#9  by: Sundvl   

That is soooooo true and is what people forget

By: Sundvl
#10  by: Gracias   

I was second guessing rushing. Thanks for helping me make up my mind. Too much drama. No need to have friends this toxic

By: Gracias

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.