facebook

greek life

by: 2013

I'm planning on attending ASU as a freshman Fall 2013. I've heard that ASU has a really bad greek system at the moment...? Do you think that they will gain housing within the near future? i was really looking forward to rushing but now i might reconsider

Posted By: 2013
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes/no   

housing no, rush yes, its not about the house.

By: yes/no
by: 2013Feb 1, 2013 3:49:53 AM

I;m confused on all the housing situations though. My other option is WSU which has a very strong greek system all with great houses and im 50/50 right now for which school. Rushing will be a big factor at this point

By: 2013
#2  by: honest   

According to rumors, you may get official housing your senior year. That's about as good as it might get. But, many fraternities have large "unofficial" fraternity houses: large motels or apartment complexes that simply haven't been rezoned as fraternity houses, but serve exactly the same purpose and can hold just as large of parties and more brothers than old frat row houses from years ago. They also have much nicer amenities, like private bathrooms and living rooms, that old fraternity houses never had. Really, the only difference is they are mostly a block or 2 from campus, instead of ON campus, and they don't have letters facing the street. If you can live with that, you'll be fine here.

By: honest
#3  by: ASU   

Is lame as hell for getting rid of housing, and IMO housing is an important factor when going Greek. Certainly it isn't the only one, but to say it's not important is untrue.

By: ASU
#4  by: DU senior   

Honestly, its been in a transition, our chapter for example is getting a 21 unit complex for fall, and we have an awesome house across the street from campus...most have taken the housing situation into their own hands

By: DU senior
by: TruthFeb 19, 2013 2:16:49 PM

^Even if you guys get housing, Delta upsilon is a bottom over joke anyways

By: Truth
by: NoMar 4, 2013 6:21:01 PM

^Wrong, I'm a FIJI

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.