facebook

why is it so hard to get into a sorority

by: Mom

So I have a question, I have a daughter that's attending ASU.
Having a really hard time getting into a sorority. Wants to get in a really good one lol
She's literally is perfect . Beautiful ,smart ,funny has her head on her shoulders and has a 3.8 GPA.
Why is she not getting picked!! I am so confused, it hurts!!
Any suggestions??

Posted By: Mom
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ...   

bruh

By: ...
#2  by: ...   

Every Mom thinks their daughter is perfect, and every girl wants to get in a top house. I didn't believe it until it happened to me but she will get in the house that is the best fit. If top houses are not offering her a bid then she is not what they are looking for. In the end if she was in a sorority she did not fit in she would be miserable. I was devastated when dropped from a house during recruitment but by the end I knew I loved the house I got a bid from.

By: ...
by: sororityJan 23, 2017 11:27:22 PM

This is so accurate

By: sorority
#3  by: me   

I was logistics during recruitment for our chapter so theres a lot of "behind the scenes things" that can influence it, the worst being social media. We dropped girls in the back room immediately, no matter their GPA/convos because of bad social media. Obviously only a few were dropped without consideration because of nationwide scandals, but bad social media can really effect any scoring. It could also be awkward conversations during recruitment, so i would tell her to practice and calm down when in rooms. make sure she doesnt come across as fake/self-absorbed. Just remind her to be genuine and interesting, memorable during the convo

By: me

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.