facebook

veterans in fraternities

by: ithurtswhenipee

So i will be attending ASU in Jan 2018 and I am interested in joining a brotherhood. The only problem is i wont be your typical "fraternity guy" I was a Marine for 6 years, I will be 25, and I have both of my arms fully covered in tattoos. Is that a big deal? Or will i at least be given a chance? Suggestions?

Posted By: ithurtswhenipee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorority   

TEP

By: sorority
by: Perspective.Dec 21, 2016 3:03:35 PM

^^Might be a good fit. New house with older guys, vets, etc. Honestly you're not gonna find anything NEAR the type of brotherhood through ASU greek life that you haven't already experienced in the marines. But if you're just looking for connections and like minded individuals give em a look.

By: Perspective.
#2  by: You'll be fine   

During my 4 years, there have been 2 older veterans pledge my house. Not super common, but a decent amount of houses will have 1 or 2 guys in your situation. You're not the only one. Also, tattoos shouldn't be much of a problem.

By: You'll be fine
#3  by: Truth   

Pretty much every fraternity has a few veterans and the posts above me are right: tattoos shouldn't matter much and TEP (tau epsilon phi) has a lot of veterans as well.

By: Truth
#4  by: Well   

I think I remember phi kappa tau had a veteran as their president last year. So you could try there.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.