facebook

dropping out

by: Girl

I received a bid and don't know if I'm going to stay in- what are my odds of getting a bid somewhere else if I drop and Rush again next fall?

I have to wait a year since I recieced a bid right?

Posted By: Girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: stickitout   

My advice: Do not drop yet. it is too early to see if you really are going to like the sorority that has chosen you. They saw qualities in you through recruitment that they thought would be a great fit for their chapter. STICK IT OUT.

yes, your bid is good for a year which means you can not rush or accept any other bids for a full year. You fully have the option of staying with the sorority up until initiation, you could drop right before initiation if you wanted to, the sooner you drop doesnt mean the sooner you'll be able to get another bid from another chapter. if you don't get initiated then you will still be able to go through recruitment again next year but i will warn you, not only will you be another year older, 99% of the time you will get dropped from the same ones that dropped you the first time and unless you have a REALLY awesome reason for dropping, the sorority you already received a bid from will drop you in a heart beat when you go through again so you're odds of not getting a bid at all would be extremely high. Hope this helped! I contemplated dropping from my sorority for the whole first month, i just wasn't feeling it and im SOOO glad I didn't because I couldn't be happier!

By: stickitout
by: NOSep 23, 2014 3:20:50 PM

Agreed........ Plus if you are already a freshman then you'll be a sophomore next year = even harder to get a bid!

By: NO
#2  by: Dont   

More than likely you'll be dropped from everyone since they'll know you had a bid and dropped a chapter.

I mean think about it why would a sorority want to take the chance of you dropping them too?

Stick it out up until initiation and see how you feel up until then

By: Dont
#3  by: NO   

DO NOT DROP OUT.

YOU WON'T get a bid from anyone else. Sorry. It's offensive to chapters when girls drop after getting a bid.

You may get a bid from AGD but that might be it. Best of luck!

By: NO

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.