facebook

bidding

by: PNM

How common is it for women to not get a bid? I'm going through recruitment in two weeks and I'm pretty nervous. I have really high grades, have been pretty involved, am a sophomore, not a legacy, and I feel I'm pretty nice/social, but I'm not necessarily skinny.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sorority girl   

Don't be nervous at all. Every house is very welcoming. You will find your home, I can guarantee that. We're all so excited to meet all the PNMs, including you! :)

By: Sorority girl
#2  by: Truth   

It does happen, but this is for specific reasons. You should be fine, wish you the best!!

By: Truth
#3  by: Go girl    

You sound like such a down to earth girl and honestly you will find your home! Don't be nervous at all! Good luck to you :)

By: Go girl
#4  by: Southern Girl   

U of H sorority rush is not competitive because the school isn't competitive. If you have decent grades and are clean, neat and somewhat cute, that will be enough to get a bid...unlike academically selective schools with expensive sorority dues and all of the rich, super accomplished girls that rush. I like what I see at U of H in terms of the townhouses, greek life and whatnot and it makes sense for them to copy the better schools greek life traditions but don't think a UofH Zeta is the same thing as a UT Zeta, for sure.

By: Southern Girl
by: What?!Sep 9, 2015 2:07:14 PM

I'm not sure what you mean better schools. How funny! What a snob!

By: What?!
#5  by: Southern Girl   

Schools are ranked in so many ways: higher standardized test scores, more research and develpment dollars, more degree plans, more stringent entry requirements, higher salaries for graduates, more nobel prize winning faculty, etc. This all means 'better'. That being said, I think U of H is improving and their greek program is cute for sure. I am just saying you will get in a sorority and don't need to sweat it like you would at other schools.

By: Southern Girl
#6  by: What if???   

And if you don't get a bid, do you go to bid day to find out? That would be humiliating.

By: What if???
by: CoogSep 10, 2015 9:19:46 PM

If you don't get a bid, then your Rho Gamma will contact you and let you know. But, if you make it to preference round then it's really rare you won't get one, it just may be from your 2nd choice house.

By: Coog

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.