facebook

uh suspends sigma chi fraternity

by: The Greek

cw39.com/2015/03/17/uh-suspends-sigma-chi-fraternity-five-st udents-following-hazing-allegations/

The above link is the recent article regarding the suspension of Sigma Chi.

The article states.....Universities are taking hazing allegations seriously these days proven by the University of Houston. UH suspended the Sigma Chi fraternity and five students following allegations of hazing.

University of Houston president Renu Khator released a statement:

"Today, I am placing the Epsilon Xi chapter of Sigma Chi Fraternity, a Greek organization that is part of the University of Houston Center for Fraternity and Sorority Life, on immediate suspension following disturbing allegations of hazing within the fraternity."
......."Let me be clear, hazing is a criminal act, and consent is not a defense. Failure to report hazing also is a criminal offense and a violation of University policy. Those who engage in such reckless and immature behavior will be punished to the full extent of the law and in accordance with University policies. As a reminder, anyone can file a complaint report anonymously through the MySafeCampus online reporting system."

Today, the University of Houston Police Department turned over its findings to the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, which will determine what, and if, charges are filed. To protect the integrity of the ongoing investigation, and to comply with student privacy laws, neither I, nor the University, will comment beyond this statement at this time

Posted By: The Greek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Fratty   

This just made US News and World Report, as well as Greekchat and Fraternal news. Way to go Sigma Chi....MORONS!!!

By: Fratty
#2  by: IFC   

I bet it will make Fox news, CNN and MSNBC just like SAE did at UO.

By: IFC
#3  by: Sigh   

Yep, Yahoo news just posted this on their news feed as well. Not too smart Sig Chi.

By: Sigh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.