facebook

sorority life

by: PNM 2014

I am so excited about recruitment next fall. I just found out I have been accepted into the Honors College. Is it possible to carry a tough academic load, work, and be Greek? I mean, I know anything is possible, but do the sororities require tons of time each week?

Posted By: PNM 2014
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Personally.   

This semester was my pledge semester and I took 17 hours. At first I wasn't sure if I would be able to be very active in my sorority as well as make good grades. In the end I got a 4.0 and I had the total college experience. You really just have to find the balance. What I have discovered is what you put into your sorority is what you get out. Like you could just go to the one meeting you have a week and those usually are an hour but at the end of the day if that's all you do then you won't really appreciate your sorority as much as the girl who goes to different events and spends quality time with your sisters. So in a nutshell it really just depends on how you as an individual decide to balance your sorority life with your academic life.

By: Personally.
#2  by: lol   

Tough academic work load? This is UH hahaha

By: lol
by: coogsMay 2, 2014 10:29:28 PM

UH was actually listed as the top 10 most difficult school

By: coogs
by: LOL @coogsMay 7, 2014 9:26:38 PM

UH is not a hard school. I don't know where you got that statistic but literally anyone can get in. Maybe it could fit in top 10 most difficult community colleges."

To the original poster, yes you can do all of those things and be fine. Good luck!

By: LOL @coogs
#3  by: Honestly   

A sorority is what you put into it. If you just go to the one meeting a week then you won't get much out but if you participate and socialize in different events you'll enjoy your experience a lot more. That being said you just need to be responsible about manageing your school. Just remember school comes before sorority and you'll be fine.

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.