facebook

recruitment

by: Excited

I am coming to UH next fall and am already looking so forward to recruitment. Most of my friends are going to UT, Tech, TAMU, Bama, Ole Miss, etc...all big Greek schools. I know the Greek system isn't nearly as big here, but I am okay with that because I feel like I can really get to know my sisters and be super involved. My questions are: how large are the sororities on the average and how much do they cost? Also, are recs as deadly important as they are at , say, UT or Bama? Thanks!

Posted By: Excited
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Me too!   

I was wondering about this stuff too!

By: Me too!
#2  by: GoCoogs!   

Here is more info:
www.uh.edu/panhellenic/

By: GoCoogs!
#3  by: I checked   

and it was very helpful. Thanks for your advice. Still can't find a per sorority cost estimate. The estimate from low to high is almost double. That would have a significant impact on my affording a sorority or not. Any idea where I could find those stats?

By: I checked
#4  by: Fall13   

The sorority chapter sizes range around 70-80 girls, rather than like 200 in the bigger greek schools. They gave us the prices during this fall rush but I can't remember every single one. The first semester is always going to be more expensive because of new member fees, and then the price drops for every single semester after that. Usually the more expensive the sorority, the better it is. It's definitely a LOT cheaper than state schools, the highest is $1400, other ones are around $800-$1000, then the dues afterwards are around 500-700 I believe. Hope this helps :)

By: Fall13

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.