facebook

what are the real rankings?

by: Prospective Student

I'm considering being a part of a sorority next year. It's hard to know what the real ranks are since everyone is either bashing each other or ranking themselves. So, what are the real rankings?

Posted By: Prospective Student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: luc   

Honestly? Don't care about the rankings. They're not what matters. Go through recruitment and join the sorority that you feel the most comfortable in. If you join a sorority just because it's "top tier", you're not going to be happy. Some of the "lower tier" sororities have better sisterhoods. Despite what some people think, the sisterhood is what sororities here at Loyola are all about--sororities are not just about getting drunk and hooking up with frat boys.

By: luc
by: newmemberApr 12, 2013 11:05:45 AM

The sorority chooses you more than you choose the sorority. So go through recruitment with an open mind and make your own decision. In the end, you'll end up where you're meant to be. The sisterhood you join will be for a lifetime, so make sure it's the right choice for you.

By: newmember
by: Prospective StApr 20, 2013 5:19:04 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, but image somewhat matters to me. I'm not interested in being a part of an organization that is "just about getting drunk and hooking up with frat boys" Honestly? Your overreaction makes me feel uncertain whether I want to be associated with people that are going to display arrogance, patronization, and prejudice. I just want to find people I can trust to have lifelong friendships with.
In spit of that, thank you to 'newmember' with the helpful advice. I will try to keep an open mind and hope to be recruited by a sorority that feels that I am a good fit.

By: Prospective St
#2  by: alumstatus   

so the thing is they're right, the chapter picks you more than you pick them--that's not to say that you dont have an influence. pick a sorority off the fit you find with the girls and you'll do just fine!

By: alumstatus

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.