facebook

southern-ness

by: Chad Castleton

So I see a TON of criticism directed at the fraternities here for "not being southern enough" or not "adhering to southern values" I'll bite, what about JMU fraternities in general does not live up to the expectation? Can I get some examples?

Posted By: Chad Castleton
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth    

Many guys in the top tier fraternities may be seen wearing on a daily basis: diamond earrings, basketball / football jerseys, Jordans, Timberland boots, baggy jeans

By: Truth
#2  by: Chad Castleton   

So it is about the fashion. That's a rather less manly reason than I was expecting. Also, black dudes dress like that, just saying.

By: Chad Castleton
#3  by: Truth    

I bet you're one of these northern sympathizers aren't you, Chad?

By: Truth
#4  by: 3 Good reasons   

3 reasons why JMU doesn't live up to having Southern fraternities: Pike, KA, ATO

Now I'll give you 3 other reasons why kids shouldn't read TFM and change themselves to "become Southern": Fiji, Sigep, Deltasquid

The rest don't try nearly as hard, except Sig Nu.

By: 3 Good reasons
#5  by: Chad Castleton   

To address "Truth": I suppose you could say that, and hey if you're into dressing like you're going to formal every day, by all mean have at it, Im more concerned that such a seemingly big issue is about something as dumb as fashion and not honorable, gentlemanly conduct.
As for the 3 good reasons, it sounds to me like there is no way for anyone to win. Unless i read that wrong, one is either too northern, or a try-hard (with SN being the only exeption apparently)

By: Chad Castleton
by: NoNov 24, 2014 11:40:06 AM

He said everyone else ISN'T a tryhard, except SigNu.

He's basically saying, don't be an earring wearing, cargo shorts loving, tattoos on your arms kind of guy because that's douchey (KA, Pike, ATO).

He's also saying, don't try to act like a southern fratstar when we all know in high school you were the kid trying to be black (Fiji, Sigep, Delta Sig).

By: No
#6  by: To be honest   

The fraternities that fall into a middle ground for how they dress are Pike, SX, PiKap, LXA, and KS. As for not trying to dress any sort of way with usually just sweat pants and white Tshirts: KA and ATO. As for looking like a lion ate a parrot and vomited on someone: DX, SN, Delta Sig, Sig Ep. Those are the only fraternities who are relevant anyways so who cares about any of the rest.

By: To be honest
#7  by: Ha   

Go back to Uva, Chad

By: Ha
#8  by: You don't know    

Chad sounds like a Theta Chi

By: You don't know

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.