facebook

sorority pledge classes

by: curious

From what I've seen around campus/social media so far, it looks like Theta is going to move up a hell of a lot in the rankings with their pledge class. DAMN. ASA and SSS also had bad ass pledge classes, but ZTA and SK's were pretty disappointing. Haven't seen much of DDD or APhi at all, Phi Mu is definitely improving as well as ADPi but AST is going down. Not sure about the rest. Thoughts anyone?? My brothers and I agree about Theta, wondering what the rest of the student body thinks. Also wondering how this new sorority on campus is gonna go...hopefully not like DG or ADPi.

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hyfszjfkbak   

Theta is definitely moving up to top tier by next year if they keep it up with doing well with recruitment. ast holding up the "can't spell nasty without AST" thing hahaha

By: hyfszjfkbak
by: i don't think soSep 22, 2014 7:10:59 PM

theta was at the very bottom of middle tier just a year ago. they've definitely moved up, but they also definitely won't be top next year. they need to lose this year's seniors and juniors before they move up

By: i don't think so
#2  by: Yeah.   

Gamma Phi is gonna be like ADPi when they first started really. A great mix of girls that didn't get preference during recruitment week, as well as a mix of girls that just decide to go greek for the hell of it. It will take a while to see where Gamma Phi is headed here.

By: Yeah.
#3  by: goGPB   

Honestly, I think everything you said is pretty on point coming from a fraternity member.

Additionally, I have a feeling the Beta's are going to do really well - I don't know why I feel that way, but just a weird intuition. I'd guess they are up to par with Alpha Phi by the time the next new sorority comes into town.

By: goGPB
by: UmmmmSep 24, 2014 1:55:48 PM

Did you see how ADPi turned out when they came here? Its their third year here now. They have changed, especially weeded out their weirder members. Sure they have some still but when they started off they were very awkward. So Gamma Phi is definitely NOT going to be "up to par" with Alpha Phi. Gamma Phi recruitment, if anything, is very similar to ADPi recruitment when they came here over two years ago. It will take time for Gamma Phi to shape mold themselves into the sorority they will be. Not in less than one year we will decide that.

By: Ummmm
by: JMUSep 26, 2014 12:15:08 AM

The thing about gamma phi beta is that they have been advertising since before recruitment even started. The consultants have been here for weeks and they went to each house/were on the row during the whole recruitment process to see how things worked here. They interviewed girls in rho gamma groups asking them what they're looking for in a sorority which isn't what adpi did at all. So GPB already has a leg up with that. Obviously they're still going to have to work really hard since they'll be the new sorority and bottom tier for a few years but I definitely think they'll surpass adpi if they get a decent founding pledge class

By: JMU
#4  by: Meh   

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, theta did not do top tier work. From what I've seen tri delta and aphi did better than them. ASA is going down and tri sig/ZTA did really well, too

By: Meh
by: WueuSep 22, 2014 10:40:54 PM

^agreed

By: Wueu
by: uhhh...Sep 23, 2014 3:19:13 PM

Theta definitely had one of the top three pledge classes, and tri delt had an absolutely awful one...they all look like they're 12

By: uhhh...
by: WutSep 23, 2014 10:50:37 PM

Lol u must be drunk

By: Wut
#5  by: yeahh   

I'd say original post is pretty accurate. My opinion:

On the rise:
Theta
Zeta
Phi Mu

Falling:
SK
DDD
AST

Top Pledge Classes (in order):
SSS, Zeta, ASA, Theta

By: yeahh
by: ehhhSep 22, 2014 11:52:26 PM

If you even paid a remote bit of attention you would know ASA sucked ass and probably had the worst pledge class this year. Don't know what ASA being in top pledge class means, but it isn't right.

By: ehhh
by: WutSep 23, 2014 10:49:16 PM

ASA didnt even meet quota

By: Wut
by: so?Sep 24, 2014 11:25:04 AM

just because ASA didn't meet quota doesn't mean they had a lousy pledge class. It wasn't great, but you can't compare it to the lower mid tier sororities, come on.

By: so?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.