facebook

rushing a fraternity in the spring?

by: Spring Rushee

I'm rushing in the spring here and I was wondering what to expect. I'm not asking about any fraternity in particular or comparisons of fraternities. But my questions are: whats an average spring class size? how much harder is it to get a bid in the spring? will the recently initiated fall class look down on me and the other spring rushees? what exactly should I do?

Posted By: Spring Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Do it   

Don't think about just rush. You won't regret it

By: Do it
#2  by: Greek Senior   

Rush whenever you can you won't regret it. You will get crap from the recently initiated pledge class but don't sweat it, they usually look out for you since they are just about as new as you are. However I will have to disagree with the first post here.

Average size is NOT 10-15, try 7-11. 14 is usually the max. 15-20 if you are going for SN or PiKap because they let in everyone.

Fraternities are more selective in the Spring because they usually got the amount they wanted in the Spring.

Go with your gut when you rush. Wherever you end up is where you belong and you will know what feels right for you. Good luck.

By: Greek Senior
#3  by: Rush   

Rush everywhere that you can. If you don't get a bid that means you don't get along with the brothers and don't belong there anyways so don't be too bummed if you don't get into a frat just because it's top tier. And they are more selective in the spring and usually pledging is harder.

By: Rush
#4  by: lol   

rush is more selective in the spring plus if you do get bid from anywhere with an actual pledge process its going to be harder because there will be less of you

By: lol
#5  by: Hey Greek Senior   

Reply to Greek Senior:
You know they said the average size is between 10-15 and then you said no it ranges anywhere from 7-20 depending on fraternity....You realize that equates to about a 10-15 average? Lol.

By: Hey Greek Senior

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.