facebook

Be honest... is gphi worth it??

by: Honest opinions

If I get ast or gphi back for pref will I still get a sorority experience??? I know they’re not considered top

Posted By: Honest opinions
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Soo   

Who cares if they’re top or bottom? If they’re a good fit for you that’s all that matters. The objective is to find the sorority you’ll be happiest with and that’s how you’ll get the best sorority experience.

By: Soo
#2  by: tbh   

Your sorority experience is what you make of it! If you get along with them and could see yourself there then why not try?

By: tbh
#3  by: hi   

It’s absolutely worth it! All sororities, no matter the rank, participate in the same social events (mixers/formals/etc). If you’re looking for friendships in a sorority and you get along with girls in these houses, it is definitely worth it.

Good luck!! :)

By: hi
#4  by: Op   

Sorry I should’ve prefaced - I’ve loved both houses but am so confused reading things posted on here. People saying don’t waste your time on these sororities?? Is it harder to make friends in “lower” sororities?? I’m already nervous ab making friends in my pledge class rushing as a sophomore

By: Op
by: NoSep 22, 2020 3:45:24 PM

It is not going to be harder to make friends in either of those chapters! They have nice girls. Rankings at jmu are based on looks which is why people call asa top but I think times are changing and people are starting to care about other aspects now. What it comes down to is where you see yourself and where you can see yourself being the most involved because that will make your experience no matter what house:) don’t focus on “rankings”

By: No
#5  by: Help   

You get a similar experience in all sororities! Sisterhood, friendships, big little, formals, philanthropy, etc. are available in all! The only difference that rankings make is what frats you mix with and how your party/social scene will look. “Lower” sororities just mix with “lower” frats more often.

By: Help
#6  by: YES   

Both of these srats are amazing! I know girls in both and they are all very fun and close. You cannot go wrong with either. I hope you get your top choice :)

By: YES
#7  by: Tbh   

And you have got to be freaking kidding me - you should not judge the value of your sorority based on what frats they mix with. That just wipes away any semblance of women’s empowerment.

By: Tbh
by: Older and wiserSep 28, 2020 12:52:04 PM

Let me break it to you now. By the time you get to the end of your sophomore year (if not sooner), you won't even care about going to frat houses anymore, let alone which ones your chapter "mixes" with. After a couple of years, you figure out just how boring and "Groundhog Day" frat gatherings are. Far more important to find a group of women who are supportive, share your values and that you want to spend your social time with, both while you're at JMU and after you graduate.

By: Older and wiser
#8  by: one of these   

i was in one of these sororities and i graduated a few years ago - i was worried about this when i joined but some of my best friends i still talk to every day are from my sorority, and i learned so much from my leadership position that now helps me in my real life career. it is def worth it and i wouldnt change anything now looking back.

By: one of these

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.