facebook

diversity in jmu sorority life

by: Hmmm

I have to say it was a nice surprise to see some of the top and mid tier sororities accept girls of color, girls of a certain size, and brunette girls. There are mid to low tier sororities who definitely rush based on personality and that's wonderful too. The only issue is it makes girls who should be in one of those sororities think they are too good to be in it. This site and rankings and reputations have done nothing good for greek life at JMU. Less girls rushed this year and an abnormal amount dropped after sisterhood and/or didn't accept their bid. I believe quota is lower this year too. Greek life needs to do a much better job of being supportive of one another and accepting girls of all shapes and sizes and color. Some of the really top tier sororities clearly recruit on looks alone and that's such a missed opportunity.

Posted By: Hmmm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hunni   

So glad someone finally said it!!!

By: Hunni
#2  by: Wow   

Bump this! Some sororities clearly didn't get the memo AGAIN

By: Wow
#3  by: Unfortunate Truth    

Let’s be real here, a lot of the diversity in top sororities is a result of people wanting a “token” to look good. Many of those sororities are still very superficial, and those members who reflect the “diversity” of the sorority have to do a lot more to be likable within the org. I’m glad that things are starting to change but there’s still an issue at hand.

By: Unfortunate Truth
#4  by: LMAO   

We only want white girls..

By: LMAO
#5  by: lmao    

Omg no one cares

By: lmao

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.