facebook

dressing for sorority recruitment

by: somanyquestions

I know the basic recommendations from the JMU Greek life website for each day of recruitment but is there any tips for each day that aren't on the website to help me make the best impression and be as successful as possible in recruitment?

Posted By: somanyquestions
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

1) get off this site and don't listen to any of the rankings
2) the first 2 days you'll wear a tshirt that they give you so wear cute bottoms to make yourself stand out
3) wear shoes you can walk in PLEASE
4) wear whatever your style is cause sororities will notice! My friend would have totally fit in this certain sorority that isn't really preppy and she wore a Lilly dress one day (completely not her) because she thought that's what sororities wanted to see, and she got dropped from the one she really wanted and was most like.

By: .
#2  by: somanyquestions   

I guess I am asking about the smaller details. A few of my friends are going to SEC schools and they have really strict rules about the length of shorts, the types of shoe's you wear and stuff like that. Like can I wear my shoulders out on the last two days if the dress is formal enough? Stuff like that. Thanks!

By: somanyquestions
by: Active memberJun 29, 2017 12:04:53 PM

The rules here are not nearly as strict but definitely don't wear anything inappropriate. Any shorts should be fine as long as they aren't hardcore booty shorts, you can wear ANY shoes (but I recommend wearing shoes you can walk in/are comfortable in...you will thank me later), and you can certainly have your shoulders showing. Also I would stay off of this website. Coming on here as a PNM was the worst thing I could've done. First of all, everyone will say whatever they want on here (most of which is NOT true) to make other chapters look bad. Secondly, I thought that I "belonged" in certain sororities and was devastated that I got dropped and the sorority that I joined was never on my radar. Now as a senior I could not be happier with the chapter that I am in and I am SO thankful those other chapters dropped me because after hearing things from their members I know I would've been miserable, luckily the system worked out in my favor. Keep an open mind.

By: Active member
#3  by: somanyquestions   

Oh and I promise I'm ignoring all the rankings

By: somanyquestions
#4  by: Honestly   

Go naked. You'll definitely make the best impression.

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.