facebook

pnms listen up

by: :)

Dear PNMs,
I have a little sister that just finished going through rush at an SEC school and I told her what I am about to tell you. She found this useful and I hope you will too…While “tiers” may exist in Greek life it does not mean you have to pay attention to it. Of course every sorority has women who are insecure and want to be labeled as the best sorority or better than sorority xyz. But truthfully your sorority tier doesn’t matter other than to other pnms/new members and a few idiot fraternity men who feel the need to prove that they are lady killers who only get the “best”. The reality is regardless of your tier or sorority if you’re a pretty and nice girl people will like you. If you are worried about fraternity men liking you the majority do not care what sorority letters you are wearing, rather how you look wearing them. They’re guys, they do not care and tbh the only time tiers are even talked about is during recruitment to encourage/dissuade pnms from certain houses.
BEST OF LUCK WITH RECRUITMENT AND I HOPE YOU ALL FIND YOUR HOMES <3

Posted By: :)
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: SO TRUE   

Being in a sorority for 2 years now this is very very accurate. If you do not pick a sorority where you feel comfortable with and feel you fit in best with you are going to be miserable.

By: SO TRUE
#2  by: so true   

this is so true. when guys ask what sorority you're in, they basically just not and smile no matter what, as long as you're pretty and a good person it legit does not matter

By: so true
#3  by: yaaassssss   

this is so true. all pnm's should read this

By: yaaassssss
#4  by: Yes!   

PNM babies listen to this! This is so true! I know a bunch of girls that joined sororities based on what tier they were and ended up dropping because it was not really a great fit. Choose a house that you would comfortable looking like complete sh.it in... because if you feel like you can't look and feel your worst around those girls than they are most definitely not your people and four years is too long to not be with people that you actually want to spend your time with.

By: Yes!
by: YesAug 17, 2016 9:53:49 AM

Yes omg so true thank you for this comment

By: Yes
#5  by: Yes   

I really love this post. Honestly the best advice I can give is to pick a sorority you would feel PROUD to wear letters for. If you can't do that one simple thing, it's probably not for you.

By: Yes
#6  by: Thank You!!   

PNMs listen to this! My advice for PNMs is there are going to be girls who are still stuck in high school who will tell you to drop recruitment just because you got called back to "undesirable" houses... do not listen to those girls because honestly i have friends in every single sorority and any of you would be lucky to call any of these sororities your home for the next four years. There are great girls in EVERY.SINGLE. ONE. Even if you did not get the sorority you thought you wanted on bid day, give the one who gave you a bid a chance and than decide after a week of really getting to meet the girls in that sorority if you want to drop or not.

By: Thank You!!
#7  by: .   

Bump this ish

By: .
#8  by: Let's bring this back...   

Pnms, tiers change but the sorority you choose to join doesn't. A sorority is for life, not just four years. Choose a house you feel comfortable in. Not one with the "hottest" girls or the one that mixes with the "hottest" guys... honestly choose one with girls you see yourself wanting to be friends with for the rest of your life.

By: Let's bring this back...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.