facebook

is it worth it to join a sorority?

by: fresh

I've been told by some sorority girls who say I should really go through recruitment, but I feel like its a lot of time and money. Is it worth it?

Posted By: fresh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: !!!   

Absolutely! All of the sororities on our campus are amazing and going greek is an awesome experience. At the very least, you should go through recruitment and try it out. There is no harm in that!

By: !!!
#2  by: Greeklife   

Being in a sorority is not a huge time commitment unless you make it one. Typically the only mandatory event is Chapter, which is once a week. As for the cost, on average it's around $600 per semester, but there are payment plans available if you need one! Greek life is a lot of fun, and it is a great way to make new friends and become more involved on campus. You can always go through formal recruitment, and if you decide sorority life isn't for you, then you don't have to accept your bid! Just remember to keep an open mind during recruitment and be yourself! I hope this helped :)

By: Greeklife
#3  by: MoneyMoney   

As someone who has had to pay for greek life by themselves, it is definitely do-able if you are willing to make it worth it. You have to be willing to pay the money and be involved and make the most out of it. Personally, I have never regretted a single payment and I would do it all over again if I can.

By: MoneyMoney
#4  by: cwrugirl   

As someome who was part of the greek system for awhile, it really isn't worth the time and money at Case Western. I could easily justify spending that amount of money at a bigger school with a more substantial greek life, but here its kind of paying for friends and it comes with a lot of drama. Find an activity or club that you love and spend your time and money on that

By: cwrugirl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.