facebook

can't wait! also best dorms for greeks

by: Southern girl

UCSB was my top choice and now I've gotten in and have everything in order!
I really want to join a sorority but am a little worried since I'm from the other side of the country and am not a typical California blond.
Great grades, private school, sga and former cross country. I will have recs for all houses.
I'm just worried because Southern sorority girls are a bit different from California sorority girls.
What can I expect and what dorms have the most Greek members and best location?

Posted By: Southern girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: freshie   

I live in santa Cruz, and I've noticed a lot of greeks!

By: freshie
#2  by: Well   

This needs to be said most UCSB sorority girls are from California.
Also looks do play a part so when you say you aren't a California blonde, are you still prettyish?
I wouldn't expect a top house but keep your insta clean and cute. Follow all the houses but don't follow actives unless they follow you.
Good luck.
Honestly take whatever hall you can get. It doesn't really matter.

By: Well
#3  by: fine   

there are plenty of out of state girls that rush and get into good houses, being out of state will definitely not effect your chances and you’ll find a house that’s right for you. just be yourself. Also for dorms, there will be people from greek life in every one, of you want to be in the one w the most, technically it’s FT bc FT has the most people in general but like choose whichever dorm suits u and the house and friends will come

By: fine
#4  by: Hi   

Ucsb greek life is so chill u dont need any of that stuff just show up and ull be good

By: Hi
#5  by: Op   

I can't wait!!! Y'all don't even understand the pressure to be absolutely perfect that alot Southern/sec schools put on recs, connections. I also have a cousin who goes to USC and honestly she's more stressed about her house than she is happy and was dropped by most houses the first round.

By: Op
#6  by: T   

As long as your not beat u should b good

By: T

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.