facebook

clearing things up

by: basic

I just wanted to give a basic rank. If you average all the spots ranked on this site you'll come up with something like:
dg/ pi phi/ a phi
theta/ kappa
achio/ adpi
g phi/ tri delt

The thing about this site is middle tier houses, not so much theta, but kappa and below, always try to put themselves higher/ above theta/ etc. Kappa especially has been doing this recently. However, theta is rising, maybe not as much as they were the 2011-2012 year, but they are still above kappa. In addition, a phi has always been a top house- if you go back in this site as far as just 2009 you will see they were always top, always put above pi phi even. they had one bad year but a great pledge class the 2012-2013 year, and in contrast with pi phi's recent pledge class a phi is rising.
the thing about houses like kappa and those ranked below is they're very middle tier. the thing about the middle tier is they want, just like every house, to attract the best girls possible. however, they can't. houses like dg, pi phi, a phi, and even sometimes theta tend to hand pick the best girls that have the certain personality type which is the essence of their house. therefore they wind up with girls that probably would've been best friends anyways. on the other hand, houses like kappa and below end up with a modge-podge, if you will, of what's left. I notice there is a division between these houses of the different types of personalities they end up with.

Posted By: basic
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ha   

lol theta is definitely not rising

By: ha
#2  by: Uh   

Congrats on making theta look ten times worse by yet again bashing on another harmless sorority but this time doing it on the Internet. Anyone who says the person who made this post isn't a theta, they're kidding themselves.

By: Uh
#3  by: Also   

Also, I can't particularly vouch against what you said about kappas and the way they were in high school, but neither can you. You didn't go to high school with all of them, nor were you in their heads while they were deciding why to rush a sorority. Making hasty generalizations like that is not okay and only makes you and theta look worse. Just get over the fact that certain middle tier houses are starting to rise above theta. If you're really that upset about it, try your hardest during rush to get the best of the best and then you won't have to worry about kappa and other houses rising above theta.

By: Also
#4  by: Um   

You make it seem as if girls all want to be in a select few houses and the rest of the houses just get the cast offs.... There are girls in Kappa who went to Aphi DG PiPhi on pref night but ended up choosing kappa because they liked it better. And most girls I've met in AXO went to theta on pref night but ended up choosing AXO. So #1 you're obviously a theta, and you're making your letters look really bad right now and #2 you have no idea how the rush process works

By: Um
#5  by: M   

I wouldn't agree that aphi had a "great" 2012-2013 pledge class considering they had to distribute snap bids and it definitely shows even though they do have a variety of good looking girls. They're pretty generally thought of as the #3 house but if they actually do get a "great" 2013 PC they may very possibly rise.
On top of that idk why the author of this post talks about theta like they aren't mid tier, because they are.. And I actually know a lot of frat guys who are starting to prefer kappa over theta. Kappa definitely had a better pledge class than theta this year so them rising above theta in the rankings is not so far fetched.

By: M
#6  by: lol   

Agree with above^^^ APhi had to give out snap bids because not enough girls wanted their house... I think that makes it pretty obvious that they are slipping? I don't' know anyone (other than themselves) who would consider APhi a top house anymore. And beside a few standouts, Theta's pledge class was a big flop so not sure why you think they're rising

By: lol
#7  by: wishh   

I actually kind of agree with this post lol. and I think a lot of people have been trying to say kappa is randomly above theta when they're not. I also think aphi is definitely considered top house... they're not on par with kappa and theta....

By: wishh
#8  by: haha   

theta girls.. try not making it so obvious that you're self-ranking. this post is completely stupid and off and so is your sorority.

By: haha
#9  by: kaka   

it's funny how the bottom houses are "ranked" highest on the non-discussion part. this sits is obviously mostly lower tier houses upset about their sorority and trying to take others down through this stupid site. stop bashing everyone else.

By: kaka
#10  by: please   

Can everyone stop hating on Alpha Phi? Yes, this post was obviously written by a desperate Theta who was trying to make her own sorority look better by bashing another. Obsessive much? But let's not discredit everything that the post says. Alpha Phi is still favored by the many frat guys. Before you negate this or accuse me of being in Alpha Phi, think to yourself. Every sorority knows it. They are most invited on date trips and they have some girls who look like supermodels. I have a lot of friends in A phi who are nothing like the stereotype. They are some of the most fun and caring girls I have ever met. Love you, ladies!

By: please

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.