facebook

why does it seem like everyone hates greeks?

by: Curious

If you visit places for UCSB on the internet, or talk to people who go here, it seems like a large majority REALLY dislike Greeks. Is this accurate, or just the people I've talked to? I know that Greeks are not a majority on campus like they might be at other schools, but am I really gonna have to defend being Greek (assuming I get a sorority) to a bunch of people or are most people pretty chill about it, and I've just had weird experiences?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :)   

I would say that being categorized as part of greek life comes with being in a sorority or a frat and sometimes iindividuals within the greek system give us all a bad name. No one really remembers the singular person but rather their house or the fact tthat they represent greek life on campus. I wouldn't let a few bad apples discourage you. I have so many friends at UCSB who are not in a sorority or frat but are great friends with those of us that are and they enjoy our events and company because they actually take the time to get to know us for who we are.

By: :)
#2  by: SB   

Haha not at all! Being Greek is basically just thought of as being part of any other on-campus club. It's just not "impressive" at all and no one really cares either way. Sure, there may be people who had a bad experience with the club and don't like it. Some people also think the Associated Students people are really annoying. Whatever! Most people at UCSB are really into just letting everyone do their own thing.

By: SB

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.