facebook

rushing sororities as a senior

by: Ucsbstudent

Hi! I transferred to sb last year, and didn’t feel ready to rush during fall quarter. I know that seniors have a lower chance of getting into a sorority, but I definitely would regret it if I didn’t try. Do sororities in sb ever take seniors? I plan on rushing this quarter but I am afraid I will not get into any! Thank you

Posted By: Ucsbstudent
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :/    

i really wouldnt get your hopes up :( i've never heard of a senior joining but the recruitment process will be a great way to make friends!

By: :/
#2  by: One who knows   

Truthfully the odds are very much against your receiving a bid. I don't know of any social sororities that would pledge a "one-and-done" senior unless she were, like, Bella Hadid.

Chapters accept that it takes a year to put a pledge through training, initiate her, and then get her acclimated to being an active in that sorority and chapter, so these new members can take over the duties and leadership in the next year and the years after that. That's why even juniors are slightly over the hill in PNM terms. Meanwhile, a senior would be graduated and gone.

My organization requires as a matter of written policy that a member has to live in the house for at least one academic year. Presumably that wouldn't be possible for you if you've got a dorm contract or a lease and the chapters that might conceivably take a chance on you are already filled up.

What I've written is from the POV of NPC chapters at UCSB, all I really know much about. However there are other GLOs on campus with different purposes and that provide their members with friendship and fun as well, and aren't as locked into a system that requires multi-year participation as traditional sorority life does.

Miracles happen. And as #1 posted, you can meet girls in the chapters and in your PNM group and become friends with them. Just don't be heartbroken if you are released by every chapter, because realistically that's the most likely outcome. Not because of your personal qualities, but because of being a senior already.

By: One who knows
#3  by: --   

there's a quota for sophomores+juniors+seniors, so if the other sophomores/juniors rushing are all weird and you're rly pretty you could def get a house!

By: --
#4  by: yes   

you'll get a bid from a house but not a competitive house so probably like axo, theta, gphi or tri delt. they are all desperate.

By: yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.