facebook

rushing frat while on financial aid

by: Yo

Do fraternities know if you are on financial aid? If so, how much does it impact if you get a bid or not? I plan on rushing but I'm afraid I won't get a bid from a top or even middle tier house just because I get some financial aid. I'm not poor or anything but still, would they totally not give a chill and genuine guy a bid just because he's on some FA?

Posted By: Yo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Idk   

Never once came up when I joined my frat. As long as youre in good standing with the school and pay you’re dues on time you should be all good.

By: Idk
#2  by: One who knows   

They don't run financial background checks, and for legal and ethical reasons the financial aid office would never share that information with GLOs! If things are going well then someone should explain to you the financial obligations of chapter membership (dues, contributions, living-in fee, etc.) and make sure you understand and agree with them. Nobody should know you're getting some financial aid if you don't mention it.

By: One who knows

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.