facebook

need advice!

by: Rushing

So I'm nervous about tomorrow because one of my choices is in the top 3 and the other...isn't. No offense to the other sororities but I just really don't want to be associated for the next 3.5 years with a bad one...if I don't get top 3 should I drop???

Posted By: Rushing
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: FollowYourHeart   

You should choose the sorority with the girls that you get along best with. Reputations can fall fast, vary from school to school, and your perception of a sorority's reputation can be highly inaccurate. You are picking these women to be your sisters for life; I would focus on the people and not the name.

By: FollowYourHeart
#2  by: realtalk   

First of all, the other 2 sororities you mention aren't "bad". There are lovely girls in each sorority and if you don't get the one you want, you should at least go to the events this weekend with an open mind before deciding. Also keep in mind re-rushing next year is NOT easy - people do remember you and the fact you dropped a sorority because you thought you were too good for it.

By: realtalk
by: droppingFeb 6, 2015 12:34:54 PM

People don't always drop a sorority because they think they're "too good" for it. Sometimes they feel like they don't fit in with the girls that are there, no matter which sorority it is. Maybe they choose to re-rush to see if, the following year, they feel like they fit in better in one of the other organizations.

By: dropping
#3  by: Same   

Hey I'm actually in the same boat, I talked to a bunch of my friends about it after the rounds today and it seemed like everyone was saying if you don't get pm ap or kkg just drop. I know people will be judgy on here but like that's the way it is

By: Same
#4  by: Same   

Hey I'm actually in the same boat, I talked to a bunch of my friends about it after the rounds today and it seemed like everyone was saying if you don't get pm ap or kkg just drop. I know people will be judgy on here but like that's the way it is

#5  by: Same   

Whoops sry for the double post

#6  by: realtalk   

it's not about being judgy, more the fact that you most likely won't get "better" if you re-rush so you might as well give the one you got a chance. you never know.

By: realtalk
by: memoryFeb 5, 2015 11:56:21 PM

And seriously, if you continue to pref and get a bid from the "bad" sorority, the girls will remember and you'll probably be in an even worse position the next year.

By: memory
#7  by: Rushing   

Not planning on rushing again, I just think the top three are so much better than the bottom two from what I've seen and heard. It seems like not being in a sorority is better than being in the bottom two. I know they're all different it just seems like such a big divide

By: Rushing
#8  by: honestly   

Honestly, I feel the top two are PM and APhi... Kappa is closer to Theta and Pi Phi.... so yeah, top two or nothing i guess

By: honestly
by: ummFeb 6, 2015 12:07:42 AM

this is not helpful?

By: umm
by: mehFeb 6, 2015 12:12:18 AM

That's not really what I've been hearing this year :/

By: meh
by: RushingFeb 6, 2015 12:25:09 AM

Really?? No way I know people talk about aphi and phi my differently from kappa but it's my top choice now is never ever consider dropping

By: Rushing
#9  by: bottom two   

Honestly, there are all kinds of different girls in every sorority. Some might have better reputations than others, but one reputation can't honestly represent over 150 girls. Wherever you end up, give it a chance and try to get to know people. If you genuinely don't like anyone after a week or two, it's not too late to drop. But you might surprise yourself and meet people you love in a sorority that you thought you hated.

By: bottom two
#10  by: Inasorority   

It's definitely worth it to try it out and see if you like it first before considering dropping! After recruitment and freshman year, "reputations" do not mean anything anymore. Being in a sorority is finding girls that you mesh with and want to stay in contact with for the rest of your life. I have had plenty of friends end up in their lower-ranking choices. After contemplating dropping they stuck with it and absolutely love it now and are so happy the gave those amazing girls a chance. I know it sounds cliche but girls really do end up in the sorority that best suits them and the one that is the best match--girls that wanted you and felt you would mesh perfectly with their sorority. Please consider seeing if it is the right sorority for you in the first couple of weeks; I wouldn't want you to regret missing out on something so great.

By: Inasorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.