facebook

how do sororities pick girls?

by: freshman

I'm a female freshman looking into sororities for the spring semester and wanted to know how sororities pick girls for pref night! Is it democratic or...?

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lololololol   

if you're hot, phi mu or alpha phi will pick you. if you're average looking, kappa will pick you. if you're, uhh, neither of those two, pi phi or theta will take you.

By: lololololol
#2  by: Sorority girl   

Phi mu and APhi have plenty of random girls. if you stand out or if you already know the girls it helps. I heard that APhi is not democratic in their selection. All sisters evaluate PNMs, but it is their board that makes final decision.

By: Sorority girl
#3  by: greek girl   

Let's be honest- a large part of it has to do with economic background. you have a much better chance with one of the top sororities if you went to a good private school.

By: greek girl
by: lolDec 3, 2014 1:31:40 AM

well that's just not really true. i'd say it's 80% based on looks, 20% based on social skills/popularity/stuff like that. plenty of rich girls in pi phi/theta and plenty of hot girls from modest backgrounds in phi mu/aphi. the only consistently rich one is IX

By: lol
#4  by: depends    

Each sorority evaluates PNMs differently, and knowing how they do so is a priveledge of membership. However, it is a mutual selection process. Go in with an open mind, don't let stereotypes cloud your recruitment process. There are great girls in every sorority and there are bad apples as well.

By: depends
#5  by: looks dont matter   

Phi Mu and Aphi have their fair share of not-so-pretty girls, just like every other sorority. Act genuinely excited about greek life and be genuine when talking to the sisters and you'll find your home!

By: looks dont matter

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.