facebook

rush

by: freshman

OK, so I want to rush fiji but I don`t know anyone there yet and I think it`ll be hard to meet from now on because of the ban on parties. Do you have to get to know the brothers before rush week to get a bid, or do you still have a chance if you just meet them that week?

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pickle   

why would you want to rush a place that you dont know anything about/people in it?

By: pickle
by: working hard Nov 10, 2014 5:17:41 PM

cause a brother posted this?

By: working hard
#2  by: hi   

No matter where you want to rush, it is probably safe to say that the majority of people who end up getting bids have hung out with/know a few of the brothers there prior to rush week. That especially goes for the more competitive fraternities (fiji, phi psi, etc.) That being said, it is certainly possible to show up during rush week and get a bid to any jhu fraternity. Also, the guy above has a point, you should get to know the people in the fraternities before you decide you want to rush there. Don't just base your decisions off of greekrank stereotypes, actually form your own opinions.

By: hi
by: indeedNov 9, 2014 8:39:12 PM

well said

By: indeed
by: since when?Nov 11, 2014 7:28:05 PM

Since when is Phi Psi competitive? Their classes are filled with randos

By: since when?
by: really?Nov 12, 2014 1:09:01 PM

every good frat, including fiji, wawa, sae, and elmos, has a more than few "randos" in every pledge class

By: really?
#3  by: don't fret   

hypothetically speaking, we'll still have ways of meeting the freshmen this fall. for those not interested in fiji, my friends in phi psi and elmo's have informed me that they are hypothetically planning for a similar course of action. stay tuned, frosh, and remember that we usually figure out our class during rush anyways.
-fiji brother

By: don't fret

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.